The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I am currently not pregnant but I have had two miscarriages in the past year. Come to find out last week I found out that I have lupus. What a shock. I don't know what to do. I'm so confused. We want to try to have another baby. Will someone please right me back if you have lupus or are knowledgeable of the disease. Also my doctor has me on Plaquenil. Does anyone know anything about this drug?? Thank you for your help.

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi Mistylea and welcome to the site. I am sorry to hear of your miscarriages, and your recent lupus diagnosis it must be a shock. It is a lot to take in at first, especially if you were not expecting it. I have lupus and I take plaquenil, it has really helped me with the fatigue. Ask as many questions as you want, everyone here is very helpful and friendly.

Deb

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Welcome to the site Mistylea,

I am sorry to hear about your past miscarriages. The loss of a baby is such a devastating experience. It does make me wonder if you possibly have Antiphospholipid Syndrome (APS) along with your lupus. You should ask your doctor if a test for APS has been run. The following link might have some useful information for you.

http://www.uklupus.co.uk/news28.html

Plaquenil is usually the first medication Lupus patients are given. It does take time for it to start working. In my case it was 6 months, but we each react differently. It helps lessen disease activity and reduce flares. The one negative is there could be a problem with the eyes however that is extremely rare. You should get a baseline eye exam and continue to have your eyes checked according to your doctor's recommended schedule.

Take care,
Lazylegs

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.