The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just wanting to hear from anyone who has had a history of significant renal involvement and pregnancy.

I was diagnosed in 2002 with Grade IV nephritis, treated with cyc, further flare of the nephritis in 2004 which was treated (not too successfully) with cyc and a further flare in 2006 which was treated with Mabthera/Rituximab.

I've had relatively controlled symptoms for the past 12 months but still have serum creatinine of 94.

I am currently 12 weeks pregnant and doing well, which to me is still an astonishing achievement, and just wanting to hear of others experiences in pregnancy.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
No experience here - I just want to say congratulations to you on your pregnancy and I hope things continue to go well for you.

The more recent research done has shown that pregnancy does not appear to cause nephritis to worsen or flare. However, having nephritis while pregnant does cause the pregnancy to be much higher risk as I'm sure you're already aware. But there's still a good chance of having a very typical pregnancy and a healthy baby and I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers for just such an outcome.

I hope you write back in the future with updates and let us know how you get on...

·
Registered
3 Posts
I know

I was pregnant with nephritic syndrome. I don’t know what grade it is. Like I said in my introduction I have to do better at not ignoring my lupus. I was monitored very closely so I was able to see sonograms pictures of my daughter about every two weeks. They monitored the protein spills and felt it was ok due to the fact of the pregnancy and nephritic syndrome. Near the end of my pregnancy my legs and feet began to swell a lot. I developed high blood pressure after her birth, I' not sure why.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Zima, good to hear that you had a good outcome - high blood pressure after delivery is not too bad at all!

I checked your introduction - good luck with your upcoming biopsy. Not my favourite part of the whole nephritis thing...hate them...hopefully the results won't be too bad (won't say good, because they wouldn't be making you have a biopsy if it was going to be good!)...

Are you not on any immunosuppression at all (eg Imuran/Azathioprine or Cellcept/Mycophenolate Mofetil?)...?

Cheers!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts