Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
;)hi
feeling well and would like to get pregnant had a course of rituxamab finished it a couple of weeks ago. i asked my gyni doctor and my kidney doctor about getting pregnant and can get a decent anwser they dont seem to know cos no studies have been done, wondering has any one any experience:wink2:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I haven't read any stories here in the past of a person on this site who got pregant after Rituxan and their experience. There is only one case study report I could find online on this issue but it references a woman with lymphoma treated while pregnant. Here is the link:

http://jco.ascopubs.org/cgi/content/full/19/14/3439

For lupus, it is strongly recommended to be in a relatively good state of health with minimal to no disease activity for about 6 months before getting pregnant. If sounds like it may have only been a few weeks for you if you just finished Rituxan recently. I would also ask your rheumatologist for his or her advice on this matter too.

Good luck!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi there,

I was advised to wait at least 6 months after having Rituximab before trying for a baby and a year by another consultant. I waited a year after having 3 courses of Rituximab - and then had a healthy baby boy. Pregnant again now (5 days overdue) 2 years later. Have not needed Rituximab since and Lupus has remained dormant.

Previous to Rituximab I was in and out of hospital for 8 years on very high doeses of steroids.

Mrs H

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was treated in September 2008 with 4 rounds of Rituxan for Warm Auto-immune hemolytic anemia and 6 months later in March 2009 my husband and I conceived a child. She was born in December 2009 very healthy and has had NO problems whatsoever.
We had been trying to conceive for about 5 years before I became ill. Its almost as if the Rituxan set my system straight. After being off the Rituxan, I had very regular cycles. Haven't been able to conceive since but no wishes for repeat Rituxan! :)

·
4,435 Posts
Hello tmicheal80..just wanted to point out that this is a very old thread that has been inactive since October 2009 so there may be no further replies from these members. Welcome to site though,hope you find it helpful....Claire

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi it's my first time posting on the site and just wanted people opinion on the previous posts. I have been to the rheumatologist today and I was told that I had to wait a full 12 months before we even try to conceive, which at my age just 40 is devastating. These posts have filled me with some hope that maybe it could be ok to conceive after six months.

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Justlooking, this avery old thread going back to 2010. You will get more help if you start a thread of your own. I am going to close this thread now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.