The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My name is Riham, im 27 years old. i had SLE from 9 years and now im newly pregnant (in second month), all my sickness peroid im taking hydroxychloroquine and when i become pregnant my doctor told my its safe to keep taking this medicin when you are pregnant.

now im having new problems, i have very bad chest pain and increasing in my heart pumps (100), some times the pain comes from my back and another time from my chest. i can sleep jus in my left side, sometimes i cant breath very well.

please help me in this issue.

i afraid to have misscarrage, cose im feeling my health become worse.:worried:

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Riham,

Congratulations on the pregnancy!

With regards to the chest pain please seek professional help! You should be phoning you GP weekend cover or attending A&E (ER) today just to be on the safe side.

Althernatively give your Midwife Team a phonecall!

Lets us know how you get on!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi,

I agree you need to get this chest pain checked out as soon as possible.

love
Lily

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Definitely call your doctor and report these symptoms and get checked out. It could be something pretty treatable (heartburn) and unrelated to lupus, or it could be something lupus related that requires treatment such as pleuritis. Prednisone is also very safe to take during pregnancy and can treat a couple of lupus related causes of chest pain quite effectively.

This does *not* mean you're going to have a miscarriage...

Do you know if you have the clotting antibodies such as anti-cardiolipin and lupus anti-coagulant? It is important to know if you have these so that you can be watched more closely or treated with anti-clotting medication to reduce the risk of miscarriage and other clots that can occur during pregnancy (this is also a possible cause of your chest pain).

Please see a doctor and I hope you can write us back with good news soon and in another 7 months or so...

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Good Morning Riham

I am wondering how you are today and what your doctor said yesterday.
Hugs
Clare

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good morning dear Clare.

How are you, it was long time since we talk, i am now in my fifth month of pregnancy period, everything is going great (he is a baby boy) . clare i wonder when if i can feed my baby by breast feeding when i give birth. please if you have any information about this inform me.

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
How lovely to hear from you. I am so glad all is well:flowery:

There is no reason in principle why you should not breast feed. Has anybody told you otherwise?

I hope you are in very capable hands - a high risk ob gyny is usual in the UK and USA. If you have the anti-Ro antibodies they need to do special scans to make sure the baby's heart is OK ( there's a very small risk of those antibodies affecting the baby's heart )

All the very best ! I hope the months pass fast and trouble free so you'll soon be holding your little boy in your arms

Many Hugs :luck::luck::luck:

Clare

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.