The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone have a really bad time two weeks before u due and the time you are on and soon as its all over you feel alot better ive looked up pms thinking i might have just that but it dont cover the syptoms i get but when i look up the syptoms for lupus it covers most of them can anyone relate to what i mean

thanks tc hugzzzzzzzzz

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i guess i am the only one then
what would cause my menstrul cycle were i am as ill is it normal to be ill at and around that time maybe i just a wimp :rotfl:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi there, not just you! I always get worse mainly the week - two weeks before my period. My GP said v common in SLE sufferers and was told could increase steroids in the week before and then reduce again.

Unfortunately I have had to stay on same steroid dose due to other probs so not really feeling the effect I should have done! However, will see what happens as time goes on and I am hoping I will eventually only have to use them in run up to period. Or at least some of the time!

Best wishes,

Jo xx

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
It's extremely common to feel worse before a period then much better when it starts. In fact it's on the list of "Alternative Criteria" pinned at the top of Not Yet Diagnosed section

:)

Clare

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thank you loads for replaying i hope your steroid help you soon so u and your body get on track with each other cos if you feel like how i do its like our bodys must hate us heheh yeah two weeks before my period are you on the pill about 4-5 years ago i got a coil fitted the hormanol one cos got told will stop the bleeding but never did and when i used to be on the pill i was like a mad woman
ive not been dx with anythink apart from IBS and dry eyes and mouth but going down the road again to see if i can get help cos i know i not getting better and its not far on my family there cool but i feel so bad at 33yrs not doing much cos mostly ill or tired plz let me know how you get on make i keep my fingers crossed that they help
hugzzzzzzzzzz wendy

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Wendy. I too feel much worse about 2 weeks before I start until about the 3rd day after. I usually have more joint pain and run a low fever and just feel yucky. I am not officially diagnosed with anything other than fibromyalgia so I have to rely on over the counter meds to help.

Hope this helps
Donna

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi Wendy,

Thanks, am slowly getting there. No not on the pill, have avoided it as much as poss just coz have so much else goin into my body. Keep going, I hope you can get somewhere soon. Is hard having to rely on family etc... I have been lucky to be able to manage relatively independently, sometimes to my disadvantage - stubborn and won't ask for help!

I finally started my period today so i am hoping things will improve in the next couple of days. Hope things improve for you too.

Best Wishes,

Jo x

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too get really 'ill/bad' before my period. I try to ride it out the best way i can, but end up being mrs grumpy!! Think its cause our body has to deal with so much on a general day then all of these hormones kick in and mess it up again!! Try to keep smiling :)

·
Registered
34 Posts
w3nDy;509760 said:
does anyone have a really bad time two weeks before u due and the time you are on and soon as its all over you feel alot better ive looked up pms thinking i might have just that but it dont cover the syptoms i get but when i look up the syptoms for lupus it covers most of them can anyone relate to what i mean

thanks tc hugzzzzzzzzz
Yes,I do have bad weeks so to speaks before my period.So I can relate to that.I take a herb for premenstrual symptoms and that works a bit.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Hello Wendy,
Your post could have been written by me!! i suffer so badly before my period, and are also trying the up the steriod just before my period, on advise from my Gp. will let you know if it works.
regards june :)

·
Registered
191 Posts
Was interested to see this is on the list of alternative criteria. I've always had this really bad. I get flu ish symptons, and very weak and shaky, ultra depressed and migraine. It clears about 3 days in. Rubbish isn't it!

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yes indeedy - another voice to add!

Whilst I do not suffer for 2 whole weeks before (nightmare! You have my sympathy) I turn into a slouchy slug premenstrually and ache like a good un. I forget even more, bump into everything (which makes me swear blue murder), get a bad head, end up covered in bruises and go very, very quiet ... need to sleep more ... and get left alone by all around me lest i erput (that should say 'erupt' but i like the look of erput). It is very much like flu with cramps. a complete waste of time and energy and totally unavoidable in my case. Tried all sorts in the past. Make sure i stay away from chocolate (despite craving) and eat loads of sugar free carbs. It is supposed to help, but i think the chocolate would probably do a fine job myself.

In fact i may erput at any moment, but it is unlikely since i am menstrual right now having just got over the pre bit. And jooly glad i am too (jooly IS a word).

It is rubbish, and i think i will be glad when the menopause has been and gone, quite frankly.

Much sympathy my dear!

:love:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Another one here!

I've had hormone problems since I started my periods but especially now, the week before my period I get tired, clumsy, achy, grumpy etc. I used to be so much worse with breast tenderness and cramps but Evening Primrose Oil has helped that. I've been taking it for over 10 years and boy do I know when I forget it for a while!

You are so not alone.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
me too

[You are definately not alone - i feel like complete crap for about 2 weeks before my period and for about 3 days into it. Have been diagnosed with all sorts including IBS and even been on anti depressants - but they did not work. The only thing which did work was steroids. Still have no diagnosis but gp thinks i have lupus and am going to see rheumy tomorrow..........will let you know how i get on........
x e

1 - 14 of 14 Posts