The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

It's been a while since I've posted. I am asking for some feedback as many of you know more than I about this disease(s) and treatments. I have mixed disease, with a bunch of add-ons... Sjogrens, Non-Systemic Vasculitis, Neuropathy, Antiphospholipid, Hashimotos, etc. etc.

I am on prednisone, plaquenil, cyclosporine and a handful of other drugs. With that said, I have read over and over that the immunosuppressed should avoid probiotics -there are even warnings not to use if you have a picc or central line. However, my drs are generally ignorant about that and tell me to use a probitotic as I have been on a lot of antibiotics and now have been battling a fungal/yeast GI infection for well over a year. I have a central line and do IV therapy every evening for it (Mycamine) -but it is never enough to successfully kick the fungal/yeast per the blood work. I want to take a probiotic, but when I do, my absolute lymphocytes rise and I start getting symptomatic with the AI diseases (triggers my immune system). I think I will need a probiotic to get things back on track given the antibiotics, however.

What to do... Anyone have any experience or advice???

Thanks in advance!

Stay safe and well!

·
4,438 Posts
Hi Goldflex... I take a probiotic, for years I used one that I subsequently read you should not take if you are on immunosuppressants, however, I was always ok on them...just didn't feel they were particularly helpful. I now take optibac everyday.... but I would be worried that you could react to that too if you are susceptible to changes with your lymphocytes when you are on probiotics.

I am wondering if you have tried all the yoghurt drinks etc with probiotic properties ? Not sure if you would react to those in a similar fashion ? Yoghurt is a good thing to have to help counter yeast infections...... and finally I would recommend taking Colloidal Silver ...you can swallow it safely and it helps knock out all types of nasties in a natural way. You would need to do some research on it if you are interested, as the dose I would take might not be officially correct... if you want to know a good brand please pm me. I'm sorry I can't be of more help..........Claire

1 - 2 of 2 Posts