TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pharmacy informed me that they could no longer obtain Cellcept (Mycophenolate mofetil) and were waiting for the doctor to prescribe an alternative (3 days ago). Is anyone else having problems or heard of why there might be a ban?

Concerned

Cleo:worried:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have not heard of this and I would try asking another pharmacy if they could get the Cellcept for you; and if so transferring the prescription there!

You could also ask your pharmacy why they can't / won't get it anymore for you...

Hope you get this sorted out soon.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Cleo

I havent heard anything about this either and I've had a look online to see if there is anything reported about a shortage and I can find nothing.

Can you ask your Pharmacy why they cant supply it and some back up evidence if they have it? I would also be ringing around another Pharmacy or two to double check. It just doesnt sound right to me.

Let us know how you get on

Joan:rose:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Cleo,

Is it the pharmacy that is having problems or your insurance is not approving it? You should call them to find out. I am on Cell Cept and so far have never had a problem getting it.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
What country do you live in ? There are very different systems around the world so if you let us know what country you are from it may help.

I would want to know from the pharmacist whether it was a supply problem (ie an out of stock problem) or if they just can't give it to you for some reason.

Also I would let the doctor know who prescribed it so if you do need to start another treatment then that can happen asap.

best of luck

raglet

1 - 5 of 5 Posts