The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May I hijack this thread a little please, and ask for your opinions on my results also.

If the Anti Liver Kidney Micro AB levels were negative, is it still normal to finding protein in the urine?

My results were:

Anti-DNA and anti-ENA antibodies added due to Positive ANA 1/1280 Speckled pattern
Anti Smooth Autoantibo - Negative
Antimitochondrial autoantibod - Negative
Anti Liver Kidney Micro AB lev - Negative
DNA binding autoantibodies OR 33IU/ml (

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Thanks for your reply Maia :)

My 24 hour protein test levels were:

24hr urine collection: 1432ml
Urine Creatine: 8.3 mmol/l
24hr Urine Creatine: 11.9 mmol/24hr
Creatine Clearance: 98 ml/min
Urine TOtal Protein: 0.15 g/l
24hr Urine total protein: 0.21 g/24hr

It seems my protein levels are quite high!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I had a baseline 24 hour urine done at the start of my pregnancy and my value was .10 which is nothing to worry about. You are at the lowest level of a "positive" test for protein (.15), and nowhere near lupus nephritis levels.

You have stated before how active you were just prior to diagnosis... you may be interested to know that urinary protein increases in healthy people with simple exercise! Let's just hope your level was a bit increased due to all the exercise you've done just prior to diagnosis/getting sick. :)

Of course you still need to be monitored a bit more frequently with random U/A's and if necessary additional 24 hours tests due to the fact that you have lupus along with a positive dsDNA test.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the reply Maia.

I think my biggest worry is that my 24 urine total protein was 0.21 - which is considerably higher than the "simple" Urine total protein.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Generally speaking, lupus nephritis patients leak 3.0 or more protein in a 24 hour test. You're still a long way from there! Really, not a lot to be worried about right now... but definitely something to keep tabs on.

·
Registered
250 Posts
As Maia said, your #s don't look bad. Yes, it's a good idea to keep an eye on things, but when I've had nephritis (twice over the last 10 years) my #s were WAY higher (sorry but can't recall the exact #s right now!). Other bad signs to look for....rising blood pressure (mine got REALLY high 220/160 at one point), retaining water (I always know I'm in trouble when my feet start swelling up!).

Eric

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Surfer:

My 24 hour showed (first time 0.35 and second 0.49) my Dr told me I was high normal, and that they would continue to monitor every 6 weeks. My kidney sonogram showed no scarring.

My Dr told me only to start to worry if the 24 hour showed anything above .95 to 1.0...at that point they really start to figure what to do next.

I am considered to have "mild" kidney involvement and am a medium risk for nephritis...so we just don't worry, we watch and wait and let the Drs know if strange things happen.

Enjoy the ride, it's a thrill a minute!

Stephanie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts