TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if you know what it means to have a low albumin and then I have a high nonspecific alpha #2. The rest of the protein panel was normal. Thanks,
Becca

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Just wanted to say hello!

Have not got a clue about your results, perhaps if you google low albumin you may find some info!

Are the tests going to be re-done soon!

Love Lesley

Hope all is well other than that!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
594 Posts
Hi BECCA,
found some info, found some that said some drugs such as steroids can interfere with albumin levels
and this, theres loads of info on the net about this. Just hioped that this would reasure you.

Elevated concentrations of albumin in plasma are caused by a relative loss of water. This occurs in dehydration, or with prolonged use of a tourniquet. There are no pathological conditions other than dehydration associated with a high albumin concentration. Note however that elevated albumin may indicate artefactual elevation of other analytes such as haemoglobin, lipids and calcium.
This was the site: http://www.sydpath.stvincents.com.au/tests/Albumin.htm

Hope this helps

Cassie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My doctor just mailed the test results to me.:hehe: When I see him next I will discuss, because I am a tad worried because both show issuses with nephrotic system and I have a hx of this.

Thank You Cassie for doing the research-I suppose I could have done the same thing-I just seem to be a computer idiot, so I am spoiled by all of you. I really do appreciate it.:)

Lesley-I appreciate the kind words so very much and I truly could use them this week for sure.:wink2:

Lily- Thank you for the great website. I also appreciate your asking how I am doing. I am doing better, but I have a full plate with a MRI for my back and they are sedating me, since I had a seizure in the last MRI.
I am seeing my female dr. for stuff I had put on the back burner due to the seizures and migraines. Still working out meds for the complex migraines. You were right in another post about mammogram vs. ultrasound- my dr ordered another ultrasound 7 months after my other ultrasound. I am still trying to get my act together, but I am feeling much better and not pulling out my hair.:lol:

Thank You all so much!!!!!:grhug:
Becca

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
I don't know anything about kidney stuff but I hope nothing nasty is brewing.

Albimum sounds like a country to me .......... it doesn't mean you are planning a trip does it ?

be well and stay well

raglet

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
:rotfl:Raglet- I wish I was going somewhere exotic-hey I may make it to Las Vegas for a couple of days8)

I hope nothing is brewing either;) It has been awhile since I have kidney issues and was hoping I was done with that part of the lupus. Wait and see:(

Thanks for the laughter!!!

Becca

1 - 7 of 7 Posts