The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Mindy,

Most sites I checked said that elevated levels do not indicate disease. It's when the levels are low that you can have a tendency to clotting disorders. I don't know how accurate all that is and you may want to check further by doing a google search on Protein C.

love
Lily

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Mindy

I am wondering where you are getting these results from. It is not a good idea to get results before the doctor has had time to evaluate them and each test has to be viewed along with other results. That is the doctor's job and hopefully she is competent to do it. She should then go through them with you.
It is very understandable that this is an extremely anxious time but consider if you are dealing with it in the best possible way. None of the sites say anything about 'high' levels - maybe there isn't any such thing. The only mention is of deficiencies. There are a number of proteins and 'factors' that are often tested to get a blood coagulation profile. There's a fine line between knowing what tests are for, what they might indicate and trying to interpret them yourself, otherwise known as self diagnosis.
So much nervous energy can be wasted this way - all that adrenalin rushing around wreaks havoc - and intense anxiety is very bad for the health not just the sick person's but also the well being of their family and friends.

Take good care of yourself.

Cheers
Clare

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Claire & Lily

Thank you very much. I do see your point now. I shouldnt be wasting my my energy worring about something I dont know anything about. This is all new to me and I do appreciate your imput. I did talk to dr and high levels mean nothing. It is ok. Low levels is the problem. I will wait for the rest of my tests such as EEG and SSEP are done and then I can sit with her and talk.
----TAKING A DEEP BREATH----EXHALING.....

I know all of you have been in my shoes. I must be more patient.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts