The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peeps
Not been on much for a few days as lots going on at home.

Just did a dipstick test and have trace protein. When should I start to panic;) ? When does a trace get significant?

Sorry for the ??s but as I have had two kidney infections recently I'm naturally concerned.

Hope you are all doing well.

Love Judi xx

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Hi:

Judith I am no expert, however, I was having 3+ protien and RBC's in my urine tests, the Dr ordered a 24 hour urine test and sonogram of the kidneys and all is OK. My 24 hour came back just a tad above normal but sonogram was fine.

Dr sends me for testing every 6 weeks just to be sure.

I do not use the home test as my Dr said that I would just worry of there was fluctuation, and he said the stress is worse. I do not know how accurate those tests are so I cannot comment on that.

All I can say is that if you are concerned, call your Dr and ask if he can do a urine test just to be safe...I get UTI's often but not constantly, I've had 4 in the past year, year and a half.

Sorry I couldn't be of more assistance.

Stephanie

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stephanie

Thanks for your reply. I've been under quite a bit of stress with my husband so poorly (medication interactions caused depression - serotonin imbalance - now recovering), eldest daughter just dxd with PCOS and brother-in-law visiting who's had to stay over as he had an abcess burst (yeuk) in a very sore spot. And I have to be up at 0600 to get to work......no time for me to have a flare :lol:

Hope you are keeping well.

Love Judi xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts