TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
evening all

i would really appreciate some advice as i am worried somewhat. I recently had a urine test at the rhumatologist appt and they told me that i had protein in my urine, it was redone at the gps and it is +2 i think i saw written on the paper. My kidney blood tests are normal but i am concerned about this. what could be causing this problem? I am having a blood test and another urine test on the same day next week

many thanks

annie:sad:

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If increased protein is the only anomaly, then lupus is a likely culprit. For me, I leaked more protein (usually +1) when I was taking NSAID medication so I have stopped taking it and my protein spillage is less and my blood tests for kidney functioning either improve slightly or at least haven't gotten any worse. There are other causes as well, but only your doctors will be able to discuss all this with you as it directly relates to your case.

That is good news that the blood tests are saying your kidneys are still functioning well. There are a *lot* of lupus sufferers who have only minor kidney involvement that do not need the "heavy guns" of treatment for it like Cytoxan. I hope this reassures you but definitely keep an eye on it and ask your doctors about it when you are able to.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Annie,
I am sorry that this has you worried but do understand why. The good thing is that the doctors are watching it and if there was something more to do at this point am sure that they would be putting you some medicine for it. I would ask the doctor at your next appt. or when they call with results if there is something wrong. I would think that they are just being careful. Keep us updated on what is going on with you please.

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've had plenty of troube with Nephritis...Lupus seems to LOVE my Kidneys. Chemo w/Cytoxan has always got me under controll. Sounds good that your Doc. is watching it. On test I have fairly often is a 24hr urine...pee in a jug for 24hrs to see what I'm putting out in a day. I usually don't panic until I start to show signs of water retention, my feet will swell up (gravity tends to take the water there!). Keep an eye on it...but don't worry too much. I always put out some blood and protien and sometimes you just may have a little blip and things will go back to normal.

-Eric

1 - 4 of 4 Posts