TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if this strikes a chord with anyone...

I am not talking Raynauds here...i have that...this is for a friend...

Her feet are Lavender....but not cold to touch at all....i thought her lips looked slighty purple too...she is sooo tired all of the time...any ideas ?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Christine,

Your friend needs to go to the GP asap! I'm not saying there is anything to be overley concerned about (I have not got a clue as to the reason for her problem), but she needs an expert opinion sooner than later just to be on safe side.

Hope you are well!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi Lesley..

yes she has an appt tomorrow... x x

·
Registered
467 Posts
i have to agree with greenhaggis .... sounds like a lack of oxygen maybe cardiac problem to me

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes i am now thinking that...bless you for replying.. x x

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
My first thought was some type of problem with her heart and/or poor circulation to her legs (peripheral artery disease). I'm glad she is off to the doctor soon.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Christine,

I was not brave as the others to voice the links betweeen heart problems.

Must add though one of my children at just over a year started getting grey/blue/purple on lips and mouth. He was tested for heart problems with no outcome (thankfully). They then decided that it was mild Asthma (discolouration happens with that) was the problem alongside mild circulation problems (his skin is always very mottled). At times he was at his worst with skin colour changes was when he was suffering with a virus with a flash of light would turn into Streptacocal and/or a bacterial chest infection.

There are many of reasons for this skin colour change, but all should ALWAYS investigated.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well..the thing is...its my daughter...we are worried sick....we ahve her at the dr today ...i will let you all know...please send positive vibes ok... x x

·
4,430 Posts
Glad she is being checked out, it may be a cardiac, circulatory thing or something else entirely... but they are there to ask, so all the best for your appointment... let us know how you get on. X
Claire X

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks love i will x x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Christine,

Good luck to your daughter today! I will keep my fingers crossed!

Please remember to make a list of all other problems too! Even down to sweaty hands, if extra colouring happens more when out in cold. Exercise does she get increase of colour then, breathless, sweaty very quickly. Plus all the other aches pain, temperatures, viruses (how often).

Just like going for a Rhuemi appt - tell everything and insist on a referral to someone, if she is young a paediatric consultant. Don't let them fob you off with its probably just circulation - they really cant tell without further testing and that response would just be speculation on GPs part.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Tht is so strange lesley she had to have some treatment a few years ago for excessive sweating on her hands...

her hands are always mottled you know what i mean ?

anyway thanks again and will let you know how we get on....

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Christine,
It sounds like your friend has a cirulation problem and should have a doctor look at it when she can. If she waits too long it can do some real damage so the sooner the better if you know what I mean. Let us know how it turns out please. I hope you are doing well.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
we went friday and wow they m o t her...really well....

Basically they think she has Vasculitis.....Raynauds and checking for Lupus....the blood tests they have sorted for tues well they are checking everything you can think of....

so we are now worrying....hubby is beside himself and ever her bro is worried...he keeps saying she will be fine mum you see...

positive vibes please...i will let you know when we do x x x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Christine,

I'm so glad that your daughters symptoms are being taking seriously - at least with a multitude of tests many things can be excluded!

Both Vasculitis and Raynauds can be very annoying in their mild forms, but with guidance manageable!

My fingers are crossed and hoping that nothing serious is indeed wrong with your daughter!

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Christine, I am so sorry that you have to go through such a worrying time. I hope that the blood tests show what the problem is, so that your daughter can start the appropiate treatment. I will be thinking of you. Let us know how you get on.

Deb

1 - 17 of 17 Posts