The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Went and saw my ob-gyn and since my periods are sooo irregular and we have done the endo ablation, she wanted to try Seasonique. It is a pill that takes away your period for 3 months at atime. My meuro was on vacation , so before I start I need to discuss with him. She feels okay about this in regards to my lupus. I read all the side effects and just am a tad nervous. Anyone on this by chance or do they have any thoughts by chance.

Thanks,
Becca

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Becca,

I've just googled info and can see why your worrired!

I must say there are as usual sites that say its okay to take now and ones that says its not "very confusing".

I'm sure someone else with proper knowledge will be along soon to give you advice.

The other thing I read was if you have APS then you have to beware of oestragen birth control pills!

Do you have APS as well as Lupus?

Take care,
Love Lesley

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Becca, :flower2:

I looked this up too and can understand your concerns. I'm no longer able to take any form of artifical hormone (I've worked my way through them all) but I previously tried 2 kinds of contraception which stopped periods. Depo-provera injections and the Mirena coil. With both I had unwanted side effects but the main thing was weight gain.

That's only my experience and I don't know what you've used in the past. I now use a normal coil which is just an interim measure until Hubby goes to the vet.....ahem.....Doctor. :hehe:

Lots'a'luv, :love:

Pam xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts