The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What helps you better.....1/2 a dose of prednisone everyday or a full dose every other day?

I seem to suffer less side affects when I am taking prednisone every other day.....less facial puffiness, able to sleep better. However, on my off days, I am more tired.

What is your experience?

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
sorry no idea, as i take it every day ...........what does your dr say to do?

Lin xx

·
Registered
250 Posts
I've only done alternate days when trying to get off the stuff, as I am now. I'm now down to 5mg, but every other day wasn't working for me, I just wasn't feeling right, so I'm doing 5 one day and 2.5 the next. After a couple of weeks I'll go to 5 every other day and see how that goes. Doc. likes the every other day thing to help get the body to start producing again.

Eric

·
Registered
2 Posts
I started taking them (60mg) :worried: for reacurring promblem with my eyes 2 weeks.

I hate the side affect I feel worst on them, bloated,fat, tired, sleepness amosngst other things :( .

I know in the long run they are benefiting me as my eyes have improved. The hospital has stared to reduce them by 10mg a week.

I would never alter the dose, as I'm unsure what would happen. I think its easy for me to say that cause I'm hopefully only going to be on them short term.

Sim

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi,
firstly I would like to say I’m sorry about my spelling in advance, it is terrible. ANYWAY. Hope your all ok. I just thought I would share my steroid experience with u guys, hopefully it will help some1.

I started on 50mg of steroids - Jan 2006, diagnosed in Feb 2006. :hehe:
Now I’m on 5/10mg = 7.5mg of steroids and 100mg of aza. Taking the steroids at different does every day really helps. BUT I wouldn't recommend it at a higher does than 10mg. this is because when I was on 12.5mg, I was talking 10mg one day than 15 the other, what I found was I got red stretch marks on my legs (yuck). I told the doctor, they reduced my steroids to 10mg daily. I started using bio oil; it’s a bit expensive but its great stuff also very good for little face massage in the mornings helps with face colour/tone and bags under eyes. It 6months on and thanks to god their fading so I don’t think there permanent.

Hope I haven't offended anyone.:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts