TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, Hope you are all enjoying a beautiful warm Spring day as we are here in central Illinois.
About 3 months ago I began having burning pain that follows the band around my bra. Also, having pain on side of each breast. Had a mammo. 2 months ago which was fine. Finally went to my MD. yesterday. She could not detect any thing unusual but said it is almost as though I have symtoms of Shingles, without the Shingles! She said the lower band where my bra sits is where many nerve endings are located. She asked me not to wear a bra for the next week and to try a loose fitting chamie. I am to go back in a week if symptoms do not go away.
If anyone else has had this experience, would you please share.I have Sle,dx 11 years ago, with lung involvement, Raynauds, High BP. Acid reflex, Costochdritis,Tietz's syndrom. My med for SlE is Cellcept.
Hanging Loose! Rosie

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Rosie,

That sounds very unpleasant. I was going to say that it sounds like shingles pain :( and I'm afraid I can't help at all there. I have also had episodes of mysterious (but very severe) nerve pain on the skin's surface but mine was on the thighs. Thankfully for me it's always very temporary. Still a total mystery as to why.

I hope it goes quickly whatever it is :hug:

Katharine

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hmm, its a mystery!

Shingles can be present without the spots! So perhaps that is what you have!

If it re-occurs again then make sure you get to GP to get prescription for the anti-viral meds to help with the pain and rash breakout (I think you ned to start them withing 48 hours of the pain!).

Take care!

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hello,

Yes, I have had the same pain, and symptoms. Mine extended around to my shoulder blade.

I also, had the same pain on my thighs, as Katherine describes.

I know, it is very unpleasant. I hope, following your dr's. advice helps you.

Best Wishes,
Sandy

·
4,430 Posts
Hiya, shingles usually only affects one side of the body though?? so not sure. hope you get some answers,
Claire X

·
Registered
40 Posts
shingles

Hi there
At the moment I too have rashless shingles. I was diagnosed after calling out nhs direct Wed morning. I have intense skin pain but no rash as well. I have been told not to take the anti viral until the blood tests come back next week. by then it will be too late to take them effectively! but that is gps for you!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts