The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I am new here. Have been sent to rheumy for possible lupus. Have many of the symptoms and my WBC keeps dropping and my anemia is getting much worse. I just received my latest blood work, but don't go back to rheumy until May. I'm confused about a couple things and hoping someone can help me out here so I don't go crazy between now and then.

My last ANA was 1:160, but this one was normal. Can this happen with lupus? Or would it remain elevated consistently. Also normally blood work has a reference range listed but I have several on this set that do not list the reference range. Most of them say "[email protected]" for the result. But 2 of them say "[email protected]". They are Ribonucleic ENA igg and SSA (Ro) ENA Ab Igg. Is 0 negative and 1 positive? Or is the "[email protected]" a literal count? And what is the normal reference range.

I'm tired of being sick and getting nervous at these blood counts constantly dropping. I've been poked and prodded for many years and we are still empty handed. They have ruled out lyme disease, MS and many other possible culprits and thought they were on to something when my ANA came back elevated before, but now it is normal.

Thanks all!!
Melissa (33 y/o mother of 3)

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Melissa and welcome to the forum.

My ANA has been positive, then normal and back to positive again so it can fluctuate. Now my ANA is almost always positive yet it took a long time for this to happen.

I am not sure what the other lab test readings mean as you have typed them.

A great site to check out blood work values is labtestsonline.com

It was recommended to me and I use it a lot.

Hope to get to know you better.

·
The Other Illinois Tammy
1,193 Posts
Melissa,
They have to rule out things as lupus takes on forms of other diseases and problems. When the doctor is looking at one thing lupus pulls a magic trick out of it's hat and puts something that is not related to what they are looking at in there. It is so hard to dx lupus that much I do understand completely. I know it has been a long time and still no answers. I am not sure about he ana test as mine has never been out of range but yet I have sle and flares all the time. I think that someone will be along shortly to help you with that part of your question that does get changes in their ana tests. I hope you feel good and start doing well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts