The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was diagnosed a long time ago with Lupus, but then in later years was told by other doctors that the diagnosis was wrong. I know that I do have immune system problems, I do have sjogerns that has been confirmed. But since September I have been fighting a battle with my right lung. First it was pnuemonia and now it is a tumor or mass. The only thing that has shown in the biopsies so far is that i do have a high level of inflamation. So i was wondering if anyone else has ever heard of anyone having been diagnosed with a lung tumor that is supposedly non-cancerous due to Lupus. If anyone has any information please let me know.

Thanks!:rolleyes:
SusieQ123

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
If vasculitis is part of lupus, it can cause lung problems if it affects the lung. Lupus frequently causes pleuritis (but that's not what you're describing). Lupus can effect any organ it seems in almost any way... but I think that actually Sjorgen's is a bit more likely to cause lung problems (including a higher rate of pneumonia) due to the mouth dryness sometimes causing people to not swallow properly and what is supposed to go into the stomach sometimes winds up in the lungs instead leading to pneumonia. Sjorgen's is known for being responsible for lung inflammation of the type you have described.

But usually, when a biopsy of the lung shows inflammation, that is textbook for sarcoidosis. It's practically the definition of sarcoidosis. I'm sure there are many other possibilities too, but I would look into that and ask your doctors about it (& what they have by now ruled out as well). It could all be due to Sjorgen's too...

Welcome to the site - I'd love to hear how it all turns out and what the doctor's believe it to be in the end.

Take care...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hello and welcome :welcome:

My cousin has Sarcoidosis and I'm not sure how they diagnosed it but she did have several lung tumours showing inflammation. She is currently being treated with Prednisone.

love
Lily

1 - 5 of 5 Posts