The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gals and guys I haven't been around much I have been in and out of bed lately.
I have a question does any one have lymph problems? I have not exactly a lump but under my right arm pit it feels swollen and is very uncomfortable. I have been trying to feel around for lumps and it feels swollen or at least different from my other arm. Its funny because its on the same side as my vein in my leg that is bothering me and the same side I tend to lose feeling in my leg such as leg feeling heavy or asleep or painful like a constriction type pain, I know I need to go to doctor so I will probably be making an appt, I will add that the last time I had my blood checked my Igm was 3x the high amount and my doc didn't seem concerned, but I am.
I appreciate any feedback as I always do!!
Thanks!! :)

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Hi there,

Swollen lymph nodes usually mean your body is trying to fight off an infection.... If I were you I would make an appointment with your doctor to have it checked...
I do not know anything about blood work... I leave that up to the doctors...
I hope everything goes well for you... Take care. I hope you feel better soon...

Love Penny

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi :)

It's good you are going to get this checked out.

Swollen lymph nodes are kinda moveable lumps, not so much a generalised swelling. I have them everywhere and they are very common in Lupus. They are more obvious when flaring, neck, underarms, groin and sometimes a swollen spleen.

Best to see if that's what your problem is though. Even if they are lymph nodes they do need checking out. Especially if you have Sjogren's or you are on Immunosuppressants.

love
Lily

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for taking the time to reply, I appreciate it and I am going to make an appt to see the rheumy!! :)

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
sounds like an infection as it is painful.

the sorts of lumps that you get with lupus tend to be numerous, but not painful - at least that's what my rheumie tell me.

When I have had ones that hurt, they have always been infection related.

raglett

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the sore armpit too

Hmm! Wonder if this is lupus related or not. I have one leg that bothers me but I have nerve damage on my left side of my body more that the right side. My left under arm pit always swells and gets sore and lumpy and it alway's seems to be when I am flaring with lupus too. Feels like a constriction problem here also. And I keep infections too so that might be what is going on also. But it pay's to get that checked out also. Will mention to my doctor too since you mentioned it. Would be strange if it's lupus related.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts