TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I just wanted to ask about mouth ulcers.I am struggling to get a diagnosis.My brother is also ill with joint pain and always has mouth ulcers.My twelve year old always has horrible mouth ulcers too which are very painful.I've heard that Lupus ulcers are usually painless,is that true?my son is always cold and tired and is showing signs of raynauds.He also has permanent sore patches at the sides of his nose(where the creases are) and more recently he seems to injure his joints really easily.My 5yr old has leg pains,recurrent sinus and ear infections and a patchy tongue.I can't help feeling that theses things are pointing towards lupus or some other autoimmune thingy but as my doctor has said that I am looking for a reason for my symptoms through my children:eek: and doc.C at st.thomas's doesn't think I have anything autoimmune going on I'm at a bit of a loss.My husband had to take the children to the doc because of the way he treats me:( .please excuse the rant.
Anyway, any info on ulcers would be good ,thanks,
Julsie

·
Registered
35 Posts
hi julsie
i get alot of mouth ulcers AND THEY DO HURT ny doc put me on folic acid and vit B it does help.You follow your instincts as a mother and follow through with tests if you have to.I truly hope your kids will be ok stay strong and don't forget to mind yourself.best of luck

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Julsie,

So sorry to hear of everything you are going through. I get the mouth sores and they very painful. I get them on the roof of my mouth and also my tongue. It can cause me great discomfort in eating hot or spicy food and with rough things like crisps. I've previously had them inside my nose.

I use a great mouthwash called Gengigel which you can get from Boots and helps to clear them in a day or two. Otherwise I have a steroid paste or tablets if it's really bad.

I really don't know what to suggest for your brother and wee ones. Keep a diary of everything that is going on, that way you can refer back as it can be a lot to remember. Most certainly keep one for yourself while you are trying to get a diagnosis of some kind. A few people here gave me that advice and it was invaluable to me.

I hope you get some answers soon.

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Mine are the traditional painless ones, often times painful ones are due to other causes and are not directly lupus related. But not always true of course!

For your son with the nose creases skin irritation, has seborrheic dermatitis been considered? Here's a link - you should be able to find pictures online somewhere as well to see if it looks similar.

http://www.intelihealth.com/IH/ihtIH/E/9339/31342/201932.html?d=dmtHealthAZ

·
Registered
612 Posts
I get mouth ulcers that are painless and some that are very painful. I also get nose ulcers at times. I hope you and your family get answers soon so you will know what is causing all of these problems.

JEN

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies.I'm so glad I found this site,everyone is so lovely and supportive,thanks,
Julsie:flowery:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Julsi, I get mouth ulcers, and they hurt so bad that I have to go on a soft diet. I have dentures, so anything that makes them move feels like it is cutting me. I use a OTC Colgate paste (not a gel ) that is in the
section where Oragel liquid is sold. it works. I put it on at night and it usually stays in place till morning. hope this helps.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi Julsi, I get mouth ulcer and they do hurt! mine usually come up on the inside of my lips, I also get ulsers up my nose and if I don't use Bactroban ointment on them they start to bleed. x Jazzy

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Julsie,

This is just a thought and maybe you have covered this before and I missed that post. With so many of you ill, in one household, it makes me wonder if it is allergies or even mold, lead paint, asbestos? I know your quest is answers and treatment so you can all return to better health.

Take care,
Karen

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi Karen,
I've thought about allsorts of possibilities too,only thing that rules them out is that my brother is ill with the same symptoms,mouth ulcers,fatigue,severe joint pain,but he lives in australia.I wish there were an answer,
Julsie

·
Registered
388 Posts
hi...julsie....gosh ..i dont get them often ...but when i do i have one thatwill last 3/4 weeks and pain is terrible if you want to eat?!!!.....good time to diet i reconge...lol......:rotfl:jane

1 - 11 of 11 Posts