The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I have been referred to see a rheumi as my GP doesn't feel confident enough about lupus to diagnose...fair enough. I have been making a list, a sort of 'health CV'. 'cept it is more like an 'ill health CV' :lol:

My question is .......can symptoms come and go? Some 10 years ago I had difficulty swallowing, 'sicky burps' which lasted for a about a year and then passed. At the same time I was having problems with incredible pains in my knees and hips.... again they subsided after a year or so (back now with a vengance) Previously i have had bouts of bursitis, carpal tunnel, frozen shoulder, plantar fasciitis...et al. Is is possible for symptoms to come and go?

Do you have to have them all the time for them to count? The list i have come up with is quite depressing and I certainly do seem to have had unfortunate health issues. Many temporary 6-12 months duration, then Ok for a short while. Others.....I have had an allergy to sunlight since birth, gynae problems for 20 years and fatigue has been part of my life for 10 years plus, diabetes and psoriasis 5 years.....and I won't mention the depression and cognitive dysfunction.

Any advice you could give me would be most appreciated

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Don't know what to make of todays appt. Rheumi said I had been there cos GP suspected Lupus. Said my blood result ana originally showed positive, but the second ana was negative so the lab test didn't run the DS DNA my GP had asked for ??????

Since the second ana test was negative then I can't have lupus as it can't be diagnosed without supportive bloodwork.

They diagnosed me with fibromyalgia. It just so happens that I have other symptoms, allergy to sunlight, allergy to septrin, headaches etc. They are just co-incidental and make me unlucky, but not a Lupie.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.