The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi friends. After a few months with little joint pain...the damp,clammy weather returned yesterday and the joint pain is excrutiating. I have fibro and "mild"lupus. Started on Plaquenil end of June so dont really expect results yet. For the fibro I was prescribed Lyrica at the beginning of June and have had quite amazing results in that I have more energy and am sleeping better. Perhaps it helped with joint pain too...up until now. I've had this level of joint pain before its just that this time it hit without warning. No feeling ill or fever. Just one day ok and the next ..wow, I'm almost breathless with the pain. Just recently had a scare with a pneumonia like illness which doctors say was viral but I'm getting over that. I wondered if anyone else had been affected by the rainy weather...its supposed to be the sun that causes flares is it not. Oh well, I never seem to fit into the right pattern of this illness...or is it just the nature of the beast? Luv, Mary x:hehe:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your kind replies. Yes the joint pain has set in good and well since yesterday...now having low grade fever and sweats so looks like a flare.:rolleyes: Oh well at least I know what to do now...just take it easy and be gentle on myself...funny that, I've not quite mastered it. I've got 3 grandsons to look after tomorrow, ranging in age from 2yrs up to 10yrs. I'm just a Mum who cant say no! Hubby tells me off...but honestly, the kids keep me going. I love their company. Having an early night in preparation. Take care.
Luv, Mary x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.