TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know you all share the same rant about flaring.

When I feel that things are getting worse, I take a step back, go to bed right after work, sleep, do some relaxation techniques, make sure I eat a little more fruits, fish, veggies.

No matter what I do - it does not stop the process.

I feel like it is a waste of time and get quite aggrivated that no matter what you try and change - it doesn't work. I try to change it mentally, physically and nope it keeps on coming............

:sad:

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
((((Paula)))))

Sorry.....I hear your frustration and it makes me sad that your feeling so bad.

Sometimes we all feel like no matter what we do things do not turn around.

I have nothing constructive to say but wanted to let you know I understand how you feel and your not alone.

Take care of yourself and go pour yourself a Chocolate Mint Martini.

It always makes me feel better.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Administrator
10,167 Posts
Hi Paula,

Your day off is coming at the right time. Instead of cleaning the house just rest all day.
I hope your flare doesn't last long.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
406 Posts
Hi Paula,

I know exactly what you mean! I've been trying to lower my steroids and thought that as I'd been on 5mg with no problems for 2.5 months, lowering them by half a mg would be fine - how wrong I was! So I thought to myself, okay, lets be sensible: I cut out fizzy drinks & junk food, I have tried to sleep (easier said than done) & have rested up but the damn Lupus just keeps on pushing!

I nearly gave up and had some wine at the weekend but reminded myself how much worse it'd be if I did.....

Amanda

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know we can all relate to that !

Amanda did your rhemo suggest lowering it? When I had to lower it from 5 mg I had such a problem. What I did was a half of mg just like you said for about 3 -4 days, then another 1/2. I hope that you can do this without many difficulties.

Oh Yeah......I know we all talk about drinking wine and I have concluded NO MORE WINE. The next day I am so sick from one glass of wine and so I thought no alcohol because of the effect. However, I never in my life liked Margaritas. I tried one. YUMMY :wink2: It does not bother me the next day at all. So it was the wine.

So I do have a Margarita if out, or on a weekend night and I have not effects from it. Everyone is different of course.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Interestingly, some wine has sulfites in it which I wonder if that is the problem with the wine for some people with lupus? I'm finding a lot of things has sulfites in it these days where you wouldn't expect it. Dried fruit has it usually too when it's in the individual packages.

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there :)

It sems that I can hardly distinguish the non-flare periods from the "better" periods if one can call them that and OH YES, it is so terribly frustrating. So much so that I really can't put that or any of the rest of it into words right now.

hugs to you :hug:
Katharine

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Paula,

I am like you. I also feel "it" coming on and I try to take it easy, eat and drink right and get some extra rest and BAMM it still hits. Full blast, hurt like no other, white knuckled pain flare. After much consideration, I decided to try the following next time I feel a flare coming on.............I am going to go and get drunk because it will be five o'clock somewhere. Besides at least I can have fun and give someone a good laugh. Meet me for margaritas!

Nancy

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll meet you for one margarita but as far as getting drunk - wouldn't advise it.

In fact, my margarita that I have occassionally, and when I say occassionally I mean maybe 1 a month or every other month if that ! I usually have it filled with ice and it takes me forever to sip on it ! But it is good and I have it in a fancy glass so it makes me feel, I don't know, classy? :lol:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
((((( Paula )))))

It's just plain not fair. Definitely rest and don't worry about housework. You may not be able to stop a flare from hitting, but maybe you can ease your way through. I agree that you deserve a lot of admiration for sticking through and working. All of you who continue to work through this mess have my undying admiration and respect.

Sunny

1 - 11 of 11 Posts