TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone

I've not posted much over the past couple of weeks as I have been having a stress-induced flare and not feeling up to much.

I haven't been particularly photosensitive in the past but with this recent sunny spell my face has taken on its typical flush and hyperpigmentation (normal for me) but my hands have developed very tiny red blisters. Rheumy took note of them but didn't comment when I saw her last week. However, yesterday my thumbs and forefingers have come up with red eczema-like patches which are quite sore when they get wet. Is an eczema-type "rash" typical for lupus? I have ruled out dermatitis triggers (soap/washing powder/cleaning chemicals) as I have not changed anything. I have a few sores in my hair but I get those from time to time anyway.

I've not had any skin involvement up to now (apart from my face) so this is new to me. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Hoping you are all faring well this evening.

Judi xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Judi,
I`m have pin point red spots on hands, but not blisters. As for the red patches my daughter gets eczema on her hands and they too hurt when wet. I think that eczema sometimes isa attributed to some form of allergy.
For her hands we use aquaphor it`s given her the most relief, but must worn you a bit greasy ;)
You mention sores. Have you ever had canker sores in your mouth? I have a terrible one right now and can use any suggestions.
Hope your able to get some relief.
Kelly

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Kelly

I suggest you might start a new thread in the Symptoms Forum about help with that canker sore. Your request will only get lost at the end of this thread about a rash on hands. There is a better chance of someone helping you if you start your own thread and make sure the title refers to the problem - something like 'Help with Canker Sore in Mouth'

Best of luck!
Joan:rose:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts