The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have this around my elbows almost all of the time, it goes away for maybe a week or two, then comes back. It sometimes itches and my elbows ache all the time. I also get this on some of my finger joints.

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Sorry jen i did not open your full picture yes i get a rash but it is more on my neck and chest.Do you have anything to put on it is it itchy or is it dry.Have you been seen by a rhumy if so what did they say are you on medication for lupus and what other problems do you have.Elisabeth:)

·
Registered
553 Posts
Hey Jen723

Just looking at some of my old photo's and it looks very similar. At one stage I had it head to foot and boy did it itch. I would be covered in bruises from scratching so much. The Plaquenil is now starting to help (only taken 7 months) and it tends now to flare badly if I am brewing something (a cold or something else)

Hope that helps

Claire

·
Registered
498 Posts
Hi Jen,
I have a rash just like that at the moment on my upper arms.I don't have a diagnosis yet though and can't get a skin biopsy until the 30th,
Julsie

·
Registered
468 Posts
I get a lesser amount of that kind of rash around my neck and chest, the doctor hasn't seen it yet, although she has felt the skin around my neck, it is kind of a weird texture. Hope you find out something soon. Karly

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi jen i get a rash like yours on my face arms and my hands. it gets bad inthe sun. and when i go out i feel everyone looking at me i feel so bad at times.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have this right now on my elbows and knees. Boy does it itch and hurt. I don't know what it is but if you find something that helps please let us know.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was in the sun this weekend and now I have a similar rash all over my chest. The bumps seem smaller though, but they itch terribly. This would be a great time for me to go to a dematoligist, but I am without health insurance right now. Actually was turned down( that's another post in not diagnosed yet). I am going to try some Benadryl cream tonight, maybe it will help. I have taken Plaquenil before and I do believe it helped.
I just hate not knowing what this is!
I think it is the most frustrating thing ever. And I think some people think I should just not worry about it. But I don't like having these rashes, and I want to know what it is!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad:

Am I crazy or what?:sad: :sad: :sad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts