The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see that alot of you are talking about a rash on face (nose and cheeks). My rash is always on my legs. I went to the general physician and he refered me to the dermatologist. When my appt came I did not have any sign or evidence for him to see. I did have some pictures that I recently developed so he can look at our next appointment. The dermatologist suggested vasculitis or lupus and wanted the blood work to be done. I just received a call from his office and they said my ana test came back with elevated results and is now refering me to the rheumatologist.

When looking up pictures of vasculitis thats actually looks like my rash. I don't have an blisters or open lesions.

Any advice or comments will greatly be appreciated. I really wished I took immunology in college (I picked biostats as my elective).

Biology Teacher

·
Premium Member
7,567 Posts
Hi,welcome to the site. It is a great place to find information and support. You have done the right thing taking pictures of your rashes. Continue to do so. Also keep a symptom diary noting any triggers for your rash, any joint swelling, fever etc. Its good you have been referred to a rheumy, you are on the right path to diagnosis. Let us know how you get on!

Deb

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I hope you get in soon and are on your way to some answers and help. Sounds like you got a great dermatologist... that's wonderful. What other symptoms do you have? Be sure to think back and tell the rheumy about your past medical history and current and past unexplained symptoms and bring those pictures in as well.

Welcome to the site!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hello and welcome to the site.

Debatat and Maia have given you good advice. Diary of your symptoms, pictures and triggers are always good to keep track of. Are you suffering any other symptoms along with the rashes? How long has this been going on with you? I do think you are headed in the right direction and hope that the Rheumatologist really takes the time with you.

Sure hope to get to know you better and join us in the chat room sometime.:wink2:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.