The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I gotmy letter from my Rheumy today,so went back to the GPs to discuss. My GP agreed that the Rheumy I saw wasn't very helpful. His letter stated I need to lose weight!!!

Anyhow armed with questions and info I saw my GP, he reveiwed all my previous bloods and looked through the results from the hospital. He mentioned that from what he can see it would seem that there is "something immunological" going on and considering my ESR and CRP have been raised for over 5 years and this is the only time that showed them as normal, my GP thinks I should be looked at again. Oh and my RF showed positive about 2 years ago!!

The letter from the Rheumy said in his examination I showed the possibility that I possibly have OA and that i may be deveoloping OA, only time will tell if this is primary OA. - What utter waffle!! IT just makes me mad!!!:mad:

My GP said he doesn't understand why some docs are like this as it makes his job harder and puts his patients through stress they don't need.

My GP has been great, he doesn't think I'm being a drama queen, he admits that it need this resolving.

So back to square one!! but at least it's getting looked at again.

Has anyone had any dealings with Writington hospital, I hope they're far better than the last one...

So feel more positive, still really tired but at least I'm being listened to.

Thanks for encouraging me to go back to the doc.

Woo

:)

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi Woo,

I cant add anything helpful about the hospital you are referring to, but just wanted to lend my support and send a hug your way. I can totally understand your frustration, I had similar experiences with doctors and it took me about 3 years to find a set of doctors who knew what they were talking about and wanted to help me.

Hope you get some answers and are feeling better soon.
Sharon

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sharon, it's so frustrating knowing there is something wrong and that you're not going mad. I'll get there in the end I'm sure. My GP is determined to get me sorted.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Woo,

Thank goodness for dedicated and caring GP's is all I can say! Good luck with your new appointment and I hope you don't have to wait too long :luck:

love
Lily

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Woo,

Yes, it can be really frustrating at times but I'm really glad to hear that you have such a good GP. They are definitely worth their weight in gold!

The only thing I can say is don't give up. It is tempting at times when we keep being told we're imagining it, or "it's stress" or "are you sure you're not depressed?"... At least in your case your GP is obviously not saying such things.

Hang in there!!!

Katharine

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Katharine.

I've got my appt date for 31st March so not long to wait. We're going on holiday tomorrow so it will certainly help me relax. :hehe:

Woo

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi Woo,

I just wanted to wish you the very best and to say that I hope soon you are well on your way to correct treatment and recovery!

Melissa

1 - 8 of 8 Posts