The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have any of you experienced this? If so what was the reason and diagnois of this.
could constipation take a role in this,or just plain ole stress which i am full of.
what about medications or my mouth appliance worn at night with dry mouth?

Need some opions and experience's of why my tongue has red spots with the tip being red.

When ever there is a holiday that's when things seem to happen to me and doctors are away.
Florie

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Florie,

I have never had this happen and can't begin to guess what it may be.

If it is very painful then maybe you need the local ER.

If not a phone call first thing Tuesday morning is probably in order.

Like you when the stuff hits the fan with me it is also at some of the worst times.

Good luck moving ahead and keep us posted as to how you are.:wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Not sure if this is the same but I get painful red spots on my tongue that I get relief from when I burst them. They are like small ulcers but seem to be filled with blood. The pain goes immediately and an antibacterial moutwash stops them re-occuring...when I remember to use it.

Does this sound the same?

Hugz,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Florie,

I get them also. I have one right now, in fact. I don't know what causes them.
I use precribed Magic mouthwash, to numb it.

I don't know what causes them. I have always had mouth sores, both inside and out..I know it is lupus related.

I know they are uncomfortable, Florie.
I am sorry you have it too. :(

Love,
Sandy

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Sorry,

Forgot to mention, that I suck on those Cepacol throat lozenges, with benzocaine in them..to numb my mouth sores and tongue, also.

ox Sandy

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My red spots are getting better. I have been feeling achy and had a low grade fever of 99.? I have been feeling this heaviness in my chest,especially when outside. I had a cough and bought some robitussin dm. It has been better. My nervous system has acted up with not feeling well. My scalp by my forehead has white like craddle cap. Don't know what the heck is going on but if fever keeps up i will see a doc or go to er. I have been using cepacol mouthwash. I bet it's between my stressful life, and going back and forth to the hospital while my mother was there. Must be the emmune system i don't have.

I will let you all know what's going on if i take action. Strange,by the time ya get to see a healthcare provider everything seems to have faded away. I am also using a inhaler when i feel out of breath.

hugs, florie

·
Registered
279 Posts
Hi Florrie

A red tip on your tongue indicates heart probs soget yours checked out

Hope you feel well soon

dixy

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi dixy,

I hope i don't have heart problems.. That's scarey. I don't know why i am hesitint (?) to going to the doctors.
Thank you for your reply. Florie

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
went to dr and dentist about my tongue spots

Well,
After sitting in the dr office for hours. She finally looked at me and said i have thrush. Prescribed Leviquinn,mouth rinse that you swiss and swallow, and previcid 2xper day.

Called my dentist and got in to see him. He said i did not have thrush. If you can wipe it off your tongue then it is thrush.But mine problem was not that way. He also prescribed a mouth wash to use when i brush my teeth, it is calledstannous flouride. He also checked my mouth and gums and made adjustments on my mouth guard. He suggested i get my teeth cleaned to eliminate germs. So tomorrow i will go and have that done.

He couldnt understand why the doctor prescribed leviquinn when i have stomach problems. So i am not taking it. I said can you call her and consult with her your findings and about the antibiotic. He said he wouldnt do that, It would be like telling his wife she is fat:rotfl: :rotfl:

The dentist said that i have alot of stress with taking care of my mom. So my stomach acid is causing the mouth problem with my esophogus . (spelling).

My dry mouth is also to add to it, and some of my medications.

So I will be using my mouth washes and get my teeth cleaned. I have more trust in my dentist than i do my state paid dr.

Florie

He also gave me a home remedy. So i will share this with my friends. If you ever have burning or soreness in your mouth. Use a measure cup that comes with pepto bismo. Half fill the cup with pepto, and the other half with benadryl.

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hey there,

I am happy you got some answers and are able to medicate to fix the issue.

Thanks for sharing the tip with us.

Hope your mouth gets better soon.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Administrator
7,566 Posts
Hi Deshaun and welcome to the site. You have replied to a thread that is a year old. Maybe you would like to post a thread in the introduce yourself forum.

Take care

1 - 11 of 11 Posts