The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So... On our way to Arizona, we're stopped in Texas at the moment. It's SUPER hot, and my feet and ankles are very sore and swollen, and my toes are bright red. Is this weird? Is this normal? Is this a sign of impending doom? And is there anything I can do about it? It's pretty uncomfortable.

Thanks,
Elizabeth

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Elizabeth and hugs to you and your feet!

Have you been doing a lot of packing etc and running around madly as we do when we are moving? I'm also assuming this is a fairly long trip? If so then it's not surprising this is happening :( try and elevate those legs as much as you can, to get rid of the swelling and redness. If that doesn't work and it gets worse then it's worth getting checked out, but honestly some elevated legs every chance you get will probably help a lot. Try sleeping with a pillow under your feet/ankles too.

Hope apart from this the move is going pretty smoothly?

love
Lily

·
Administrator
10,208 Posts
Hi Elizabeth,

Not much further to go now to get to your destination. I hope propping the feet up takes care of the problem. You might want to stop more frequently to get out and walk around on the next leg of your trip. You could also do some simple stretching and ankle rotations while riding in the car.

Sorry you are being welcomed with such a heat wave.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Haha, yes. Quite a long move. Ohio to Arizona. We're finally here, 30 hours of driving later. My feet are actually feeling better, but it's cooler here too. It was 103 in Texas.

Wow, it feels like a whole different country.

Husband and I can get along over a 4 day, greuling car trip. That's a good sign, eh?!!

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
:lol: yes that's a good test for any marriage :hehe: Glad you are finally there!

love
Lily

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.