The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have Lupus but someone I know has. I am a reiki master and just wondered if anyone here has received reiki and if it helped their condition.
I would like to help my friend, just wondered if anyone has any experience to share.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
I have had various types of massage done and the improvement I've felt has been limited to that day only as best I can tell... I had Reiki done for a few months consecutively too and I have to say it probably helped the most of the various types although the classic Swedish massage probably feels the best during the massage ;)

Everyone is affected individually of course - we have had many here report a worsening of symptoms with massage and there are also cautions about massage with lupus patients especially those with clotting antibodies or a tendency to clot.

Personally I enjoy massage and know they don't hurt me, and help for a short period at least, so I continue to get them occasionally at this point.

Best wishes to your friend, and what a friend she has in you! Thanks for visiting the site and let us know if you have any other questions. I am assuming you must be into horses with your chosen screen name - me too :)

Take care...

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Hi there!

sorry to hear your friend has lupus..I also have lupus & I have found reiki quite beneficial.

I am qualified to practise reiki as I have passed the first & second degree courses..To be honest I ended up on the courses whilst waiting for my chosen course to begin but then ended up really enjoying the reiki...although it still baffles me how it works :rolleyes:

In answer to your question,I did have a 'healing crisis' at first but that may have been due to the attunements rather than the reiki itself.....however the last couple of months I have resumed my self treatments ( which can be difficult sometimes due to my hands/arms being flared ) and I have a noticed a bit of a difference...more emotionally & mentally really,I feel more happier & at peace,so I am pleased with the results so far & I hope to experience other benefits too! :)

Also I have just started to give reiki to my friend who is not recovering very well from a stroke :sad: I am amazed at the strength of the heat & tingling I experienced in my hands when doing her head positions :eek:I have never felt it that strongly before so I am very hopeful that she will get a lot of benefit from it...
personally I would recommend treating your friend as I do believe it can only help! :)

best of luck...karen x
p.s sorry to ramble on!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi,

I am a reiki master too and use reiki extensively to no detriment with my lupus, however when giving a treatment I find it very important to check the lighting as some forms like halogens and flourescent can trigger a lupus flair and then people put it down to the treatment.

Massage however sends me into a bad state, as does accupunture :( But traditional and crystal reiki really helps :)

ps. horses here too :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reiki

Thanks everyone for your feedback.
I have done a wee bit research and seems like reiki is getting a good write up. I think also because it is not as invasive as massage as i believe that can sometimes hurt. I have read that reiki can have the effect that the symptoms are exacerbated initially and then an improvement follows.
Hopefully the reiki will help.
I am insured if she keels over :lol:
sorry, bad joke. Gotta keep your sense of humour.
To all of you who read this who suffer with Lupus, you have my sympathies. It sounds like a very difficult condition to live with. Hopefully, a proper cure is found soon.

Extra hi to all the horsey people. I actully don't practise reiki that much on humans, it is mainly animals, horses in particular.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Reiki

Hi-
I had Reiki treatments with 2 different practitioners and got different results. With one person, though the relief was temporary (lasted about 7-10 days), it was wonderful, VERY welcome, and worth it for me. The other one didn't bring enough positive benefits to continue treatments.
For me, the best thing about Reiki was that I suffered no Herxheimer (or "detox")--- no bad side effects! I've tried many things that unfortunately make one feel worse for a while. Can't handle that anymore.
Overall, I am a Reiki fan!
Kiley

1 - 6 of 6 Posts