The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I know I only posted the other day, so sorry to take up space! But…… I just wanted to share this with everyone who can understand how I feel.

For the first time in about eight months I am almost rash free!!!!!! I know it may not last very long, as the last time it cleared up as much as it has now (if that makes sense?) it came back again within a week!

However as far as I am concerned it is BLISSFUL!!!

(Still suffering with the pain from all the other things, but at least my skin isn’t on fire!)

Long live the remission!

Star x

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really have no idea! I try different things every so often. Usually I can just put Dipro-base on it, as it is the only thing that doesn’t sting. I have given up with the steroid creams as they seem to make little, or no difference.

I had my skin biopsy done three weeks ago and it went crazy. It was so inflamed and painful and nothing helped. After I had my stitches out it calmed down a little, but not much. It started to go down a bit on Monday, so I just put a combination of bio oil and cocoa butter on it. It is a combination I have tried before with no success. So I am wondering if it is just a fluke?

I find it strange that it can clear up so quickly, from being so aggressive. My neck looks like I have had a skin peel. Fresh, smooth skin, with just a shadow of where the rash was.

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
:woohoo:

Thats wonderful news Star :) I'm so glad you have some relief from what sounds like a terribly painful rash :hugbetter:

I hope the relief lasts and lasts.... I don't suffer much these days with rashes but I feel so sorry for people who do :worried: They can be so painful and unsightly and just make ones life a total misery.

Did you get in contact with your GP about getting those biopsy results earlier than your next appointment? Given all the circumstances and with your up-coming surgery it's crucial that these results are made available in order to make sure you have the best possible health care, pre and post surgery.

Keep in touch and let us know how you are getting on

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I love that feeling!! my rash is around my eyes and has been clear for a week now, Its so strange how it clears up like this. I cant find a link between the good days and bad days either, I just stick to the diprobase and bio oil aswell. Why is it sometimes those creams make no difference and sometimes even irritate the situation, and other times they do the trick? I guess its all really being affected by our immune systems and we have very little controll over it. Well heres to no awkward questions and people staring, even if it is only for awhile, these days make me appriciate my face!! ha ha never thought id say that!. My boyfriend appriciates it even more, as my eyes often swell up and then go very dark almost black, sometimes i look like ive been punched, he often gets dirty looks when my eyes are like that! poor thing.
Let me know how it goes, Maybe we should have a competition, who can stay rash free the longest!
xxx

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi there Star, a big congradulations to you, and yippiiiiiiiie.
I don't know what you did, but think , and then keep doing it.
Good for you, I am glad that you are so happy.
((((((hugs))))))

1 - 6 of 6 Posts