The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all! I've been missing in action because life got to be too hectic to keep up with all that I was involved in, let alone keep up on the computer! :eek:
But here I am, tail tucked between my legs (so to speak) and hoping that someone will remember me and welcome me back! Because my remission is officially over and I'm looking for my lupie-buddies for support. :p

Usually in January I'm in the hospital from the lupus, but this year I got lucky, I guess. No hospital, just severe depression and joint pain. Can't really complain about the joints because I'm finding that the combination of arava, cymbalta and all my other drugs is actually working to keep the joint pain manageable. Yippee!! :bigsmile: Adding cymbalta to the lexapro is helping... some.

Of all things to go wrong, my APS (Antiphospholipid Antibody Syndrome) is acting up, so now I'm battling headaches and BRAIN FOG!! :mad: Sorry to complain. Actually, reading other people's problems and adding where I can to support really makes me feel better. Some of you are so much worse off than I am; it is a humbling experience.

So no more whining! Hope to catch some of you in chat sometime; just not tonight. Can't keep my train of thought rolling fast enough :yawn:

Love, Pollyanna :love:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Hello Pollyanna,
Sorry you are not well. I am sometimes in Chat during the night. (UK time) but lately my Daughter has taken to borrowing my laptop until the small hours.
x Lola

·
Hazel595
713 Posts
Hello and welcome back Pollyanna

I certainly remember your name but do not get into the chat very much honey......

I am so sorry to hear that the APS is playing up....I have been in remission with my Lupus for two years (medicated remission), my Hughes syndrome seems to be OK as long as i keep my INR at a higher range around 4.0. I know how you are feeling though honey...on the way to where i am now i have had quite a few blips.

I hope that you can get your INR under control....are you on warfarin/coumadin or on another of the anti-platelet medications?

Hope you are feeling a little better and that you can fully climb out of that black hole we sometimes fall into.

xxx Hazel

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Polyanna and hugs :hug: to you!

It is so frustrating and disappointing when we suddenly realise that things are getting bad again isn't it?

I hope that this flare of yours will be very short lived and you'll be back to your remission soon,

In the meanwhile, I'll send heaps of virtual Belgian chocolates to tide you through (at least those ones don't put any wieght on :))

Katharine

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
(((((pollyanna)))))

I am sorry to hear you are not too well :sad: I hope that you feel much better soon!

I'm feeling a bit lousy myself so I think we should all tuck into katharines kind offer of begium chocolates :hehe: especially if they are the godiva variety!! yum yum :)

big hugs pollyanna
take care..karen x

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Hi Pollyanna & welcome back,

I do remember you and I'm sorry you're feeling rough right now. I had a period where I felt I was also in remission but it turned around in January and I've been in pain since then. I had been living life to the full but after a cold at Christmas I haven't quite recovered. Darn this lupus, just when we think we are doing so well.

I hope you are getting good care and that there is light at the end of the tunnel for you.

Keep in touch,

Pam xxx

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you so much

Thank you for your concern and thoughts. I especially like the chocolate idea! Last August I had weight control surgery done because of the weight gain brought on by 18+ months of prednisone. (Gained 80 pounds in that time :eek: ) But that is another post!

Lola, I'll look for you the next time I go into chat. Right now, it's just too hard to keep up. I get lost! And Katherine, Karen and I will absolutely enjoy the chocolates! Bring them on...

A black hole is exactly the way I described my feelings in January. Hazel, you obviously know what I mean! My remission was medicine-induced as well. But it was sure nice while it lasted. I am not on heparin or warafin. My APS is pretty well-controlled with aspirin, plus I'm on plavix for my heart disease. Hopefully it will continue this way as I understand controlling your INR can be a headache!

We can bellyache together Pam! This past holiday season was great because everything was under control and I got things DONE! :woohoo: Now, it's a totally different story.

Thank goodness I have a fabulous rheumatologist! She allows me to communicate via email and she will call me back herself whenever I need her. I'm going to see her next week and do labs as well. Hopefully, we can get this under control soon. :sad:

The addition of cymbalta to the lexapro is supposed to be kicking in soon and is supposed to diminish pain too. We shall see.

Take care you lovely ladies and be well and thank you again for responding. I really needed it. :)

Love, Pollyanna :love2:

·
Registered
5,267 Posts
Hi there

I am glad you were in remission but sorry you are not anymore.

I will keep my fingers crossed that this will pass soon and you will back to running around. :rotfl:

also enjoying yourself of course.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Paula and thank you for your reply. Crossing your fingers seems to be working, because I'm slowly feeling more like my self! :wink2:

The black hole of depression is steadily shrinking so that I can finally peek over the top to see the light of day. In fact, I'm up to my elbows, so I'll be out before long for sure! For awhile, I couldn't even reach the top to begin to pull myself out. Once again...depression stinks! :tears:

I saw my rheumy this week and my neurosurgeon as well. First the neuro, he says that the sciatica is inoperable. :sigh: There is no nerve damage in my leg, but the EMG shows nerve compression. Can't quite remember why he can't fix it. It made sense at the time ;)

Anyway, he has started me on neurontin to see if that will tackle the nerve pain. We shall see. So far all it has done is make me sleep!

The rheumy gave me a shot in the hip because the bursa was so swollen and inflamed, I had bruises all down my hip into the top of the thigh. Oops. :oops: I guess I shouldn't have put that off so long! It's already helped.

So maybe April will prove to be a brighter month after all. I sure hope it is for you all. :sunny: Take care and thank you for your support!

Love, Pollyanna :love:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts