The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had lupus for a few years now. Of course there are many things I still don't understand. I am very curious about this remission thing...

so when you are considered in remission, is that just a statement based on blood work? Do you still have some symptoms? Are there days when you feel like you are flaring but your blood work doesn't show? And how long do flares last - can it be just for a few days? I know it's different for everyone, but it seems like once your doctor declares remission, you should be 'fine.'

And do the same things trouble you when you are not in a flare? sun sickness, stress, etc. ????

Sorry, it's all just so confusing.

Layla:sad:

· Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Honestly... both of your answers help tremendously. I think we all get so frustrated through the diagnosis phase that we are wary of anyone that suggests we are "fine." My old rheum left a year or so after I was diagnosed and my stomach did flips while waiting to meet my new doc. I was so afraid she would say that it doesn't look like Lupus. It took so long for me to get the diagnosis in the first place!

I am really glad I found this site. It's always nice to know you are not alone with all of this! Thank you! Layla

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.