TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am delighted to say that this morning I received notification from the DWP that they are reinstating my Incapacity Benefit - yippee! :)

Not only that, I have been contacted separately by the organisation that runs the medical assessments to say that an investigation into how my interview was conducted and its subsequent report was produced which may lead to disciplinary action against the doctor involved. Another good result and it shows that on this occasion the DWP took seriously the complaints outlined in my letter as they passed it on immediately so that an investigation could be instigated. I have exchanged several conversations with a very helpful woman at their head office who told me that they were very concerned about what had happened and their investigation had already turned up some irregularities in the shape of certain parts of my assessment not being recorded properly or not actually being included in the final report.

I have been very quiet here over the last few weeks because the stress of it all really got me down and after years of managing without I had to bite the bullet and start taking anti-depressants again. I really do feel vindicated and I want to give a very big thank you to you all for all the wonderful support. Now I can only echo the very good advice I received here for anyone else in the same position - always fight for your rights, as often that's the only way those in the office have of telling the genuine from the malingerer.

My bank manager is going to be very relieved to see that money going back into my account, but not half as relieved as I am! :)

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Well done for you Eva and good on you for complaining!

I'm sure you are very relieved, I know those types of feelings very well.

I'm sure that your post will also encourage others in a similar situation,

Katharine

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Katharine;525314 said:
Well done for you Eva and good on you for complaining!

I'm sure you are very relieved, I know those types of feelings very well.

I'm sure that your post will also encourage others in a similar situation,

Katharine
I didn't want to complain but when I talked it over with my GP he was so aghast at some of the things that were said in the report, it became obvious that complaining was essential to make them realise that they really cannot just fob off those of us who have difficult to understand illnesses. One of the points I made in my letter was that I have diligently provided lots of back up information about SLE and UV as I know hard it is to understand even if you are a doctor. Sadly I am inclined to agree with my GP - the kind of people who go in for this sort of job are often those who whilst qualified to practice, are unable to get any other jobs as medical practitioners. Some of the things in the report were so daft it was almost laughable if it hadn't been so awful. For example he reported that my legs were hairless due to poor circulation - I guess he's never met a woman who shaves her legs then?? :lol: It's all this sort of thing that makes it such an uphill battle for those of us with genuine claims, if some of the twits working for them cannot manage even the most basic stuff!

It will be interesting to see what the outcome of the investigation will be. At least I won't have to face another assessment for a while though!

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Eva

I am so glad for you and congratulations on putting up such a fight and complaining. Thank goodness there is some justice in this cruel world. That doctor sounds not only incompetent but positively crazed. It's awful that very vulnerable people should be subjected to that type so you know you will have spared others. I wonder if they will review all the other cases he has examined which they jolly well should but that's the sort of thing we never find out.
I hope you'll soon recover from the ordeal.

Bye for now
Clare

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Eva,

This is great news and I am so happy for you. Congratulations......now get out and celebrate.:wink2::wink2::wink2:

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
Dear Eva,
I am very glad for you. I hope the pressure on you will start to lift now.
You have done everyone else in your area a favour by reporting this Doc.
x Lola

1 - 6 of 6 Posts