The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My results have come back.After 4 weeks I decided to request a copy.Everything was negative except for a high rheumatoid factor and bilirubin level.Where to go now?...I haven't got a clue:ermm:
Julsie

·
Registered
184 Posts
:bigsmile: Did you see a Rheumatologists? I hope they address the RH factor my dad has rheumatoid and they misdiagnosed him for almost 2 yrs and damage that is irriversible has been done,:mad: I would see a Rheumo doctor and address your concern there, how was your sed rate? That measures inflammation.
Hope you get the answers you need from your doctor, remember its your body and you have every right to demand the attention that is needed to help you!!
Good Luck!

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
Are these tests ordered from a GP or a rheumy? Either way, you need follow up with your doctor or referral to a rheumy for the rheumatoid factor. Do you have bad joint symptoms? That antibody can be present in other autoimmune disease besided rheumatoid arthritis by the way...

The high bilirubin could be due to a fairly common genetic thing - or due to premature breakdown of your red blood cells. There are additional tests that can determine this. High bilirubin by itself in an adult is not too concerning usually... high normal to a little too high levels of this have actually been associated with lower risk of cardiovascular disease (to the extent that wikipedia is accurate!).

It will be interesting to hear what your doctor says though at follow up. Hopefully you're on your way to answers and treatment that really helps.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Laura,Maia,
(sorry about your dad,Laura).
The tests were done at St.Thomas's.Strangely, my ESR was normal even though I have a lot of joint pain.Yes,it will be interesting to see what happens at the follow up,
Julsie

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hi Julsie

Ah, so you still have the follow up at St Thomas' to come.

I guess complement was done and also anti- RNP ? I must say I am surprised they said they didn't do skin biopsies. You'd think they could arrange that.
What a pain all this is for you. Perhaps you'll get lucky and have a different more helpful doctor at the follow up.

Many strengthening hugs

Clare

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Clare,
Yes,those tests were done.I'm thinking of getting a private biopsy done.My doctor was in a huff about being asked by St.Thomas's to do a dermy referral.I don't want to see him anymore.
Thanks for the hug,I need that at the moment,
Julsie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts