The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I hope you all are doing ok. It has been a while since I have been here.
I've been having some insulin pump problems. I am going on my 5th years post kidney transplant along with having lupus Sle over 15 years and diabetes type1 over 30 years.
I was told I needed to be on a insulin pump and over a year I have been through 2 different brands of pumps and I keep getting blockage in the pump tubing. We have change to 3 different types of tubing and even the insulin. I even had them put it on for me to see if it is something I was doing wrong.
We are running out of ideas. The insulin pen kick the sugar to0 low and then when the insulin is out of my system in 5 hours it goes sky high.
I was wandering if anyone with lupus has been on a insulin pump and if they had any problems like this.
If I cannot keep my sugar level regulated then I will lose the kidney and then the lupus will start to act up again. Running out of ideas any suggestions?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Lildeb

Welcome back although I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having.

I suggest you post about the insulin pump/ kidney transplant problem on Symptoms or maybe Living with Lupus section. It will attract more attention with a specific title and quite a few people don't pay much attention to this section

Best of luck to you !
Clare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts