The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry I haven't been around for awhile I have been struggling with the pain and stiffness that has come about recently. I am having great difficulty walking and just doing the ordinary things to take care of my needs. This is the second time I have tried to post this so hopefully it will go through. The other day after going to the grocery I was lucky enough to meet an understanding neighbor who carried most of my bags to my door. :p Trouble sleeping too, but I can sometimes catch a nap during the day. My patio garden is definately sufferring, but I have a chair I can sit on while I do a few things and a hat I ordered just came so I can protect myself more from the sun than previously. I look goofy but if it works that will be great. I noticed that driving the short distance to get to the lab my arm closest to the window had enough time to get burnt so I know that I definately need a hat as well. I am waiting on the approval for rituxan treatment, I'm scared of the side effects of it, but hoping it will help somewhat.:eek: ;) I am also trying to lose some of the weight I gained while on the higher doses of prednisone, easier to attempt than taking my trash out, at least not as painful. My ever tactless grandmother was happy to point out to me that, "I could still get married as there were plenty of other Fat people out there." Besides the fact that I am never going to get married to anyone, I hate having my weight pointed out to me over and over, if it is not her it is my mom. Like I cannot see it for myself! But I am trying to lose it for myself, to be more comfortable and make it easier on myself. My appetite is not so good anyway so it hasn't been too hard so far except for the chocolate cravings.:hehe: Well, thankyou for letting me complain and whine...I hope to get out and do some things and get the apartment trash free....fingers crossed and a quick prayer for strength to walk out to the dumpster. Take Care everyone, and if I am not around so much just know that it is because my arms are really painful these days and typing is hard.:mad: Hope things get better for you all.:grhug: :love: :foryou: :give_rose:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi Karly,

Sorry to hear you've been so rough. Sometimes we just need a little break from things and sometimes that helps us think about where we want to go and decide to do things for ourselves and not for others as you say.

I hope things get better soon and that if you get approved for rituxan it really helps you,

:hug:
Katharine

·
Administrator
10,193 Posts
Hi Karly,

There is more to attraction than just looks. My youngest daughter got set up on a blind date and the guy was very heavy. She wasn't sure she wanted to go but ended up really enjoying herself. Looking past the weight she saw the most beautiful person inside. Their wedding is later this summer.

I hope the Rituxan is approved quickly for you. Since it is already FDA approved for RA you shouldn't have as much problem as those of us with Lupus do.

To better days,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
Sorry to hear you have been struggling Karly :hugbetter:

I hope you hear good news soon re the Rituxan. Sometimes relatives don't realise how hurtful they can be but you are sounding very positive about feeling better about yourself - good for you!

Lazylegs is right, it's not the outer packing but what's inside that matters.

Here's hoping the pain eases for you soon.

Hugz, :hug:

Pam xxx

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Hi Karly,

I hope, you feel better soon. Pain and stiffness is the pits.

I am sorry, your feelings were hurt. :(

Take Care.

Love,
sandy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts