The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Saw my rheumy last week,we went through my symptoms and he said my previous bloods showed ana positive,seems to think there is somthing deffo auto immune going on (so i'm not going mad).He says he doesn't want to label me without further bloods and has started me on plaquenil 200mg twice daily,i know this will take a good while to work and am feeling fairly optomystic. In a strange way i feel a sense of relief that things are at least moving forward.
Thinking back over my history i have had so many unexplained pains and illnesses for a long time(like the time all the taste buds fell off my tongue:eek:,very painful).It has only been the last 2yrs though that pain has got really intense causing long periods of sick leave:(. Been back at work now since feb and the pains are tolarable.tiredness is a major problem as my job is physically and mentally demanding.But hey we have to keep marching on hoping there is a light at the end of the tunnel.Today i won't be beaten tomorrow maybe a different story;).

Hope you are all having a good day.x

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
Hi Angie,

Like most of us the road to a diagnosis is not quick but it sure sounds like your on the right path and have a doctor working with you and not against you. That in itself is a blessing!!!

Keep us posted as you move forward and join us in chat sometime.:wink2:

·
Registered
4,583 Posts
Hi Angie, I am very happy for you, that you finally got some action taken, and that you are off to a start. Do not missunderstand me, I am not happy that you might have the big "L", I am happy that you now have some piece of mind. Plaquinel can take up to 6months to fully kick in, they say 3-6, it took 9 for me.I hope you can now keep smiling, and remember to write down any new pain or thing that happens so that you can give it to your dr. at each visit.

·
Registered
3,471 Posts
Dear Angie, im so glad someone is listening to you, yes your right the plauq wont kick in right away, and i hope it helps you.you take care.

sending you my very best Lin xxxxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.