TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I saw my Rhuemy today.It's been 3 months since my last visit.
My weight has dropped,and so has my blood pressure. My labs all came back negetive. My depression has gotten worse seeing a therapist every 2 weeks. My physchiatrist appt. is in may and my therapist wants him to try me on depokote.(for i am bi-polar).
My Rhuemy said sometimes the plaquenal reduces the appetite and causes weight loss. He feels this is a trial while the physchiatrist puts me on depokote. I have been so tired , and have no desire or craves for food. I make myself eat though. Could i be having a nervous break down or something? Has anyone gone off plaq for a while and not had a full blown lupus flare? I feel scared not taking it. I have been on it several years now,200mg.
Has anyone who is bi-polar take depokote? I am taking zoloft for depression and trazadone to sleep. Clonipin (sp) for anxiety. Lately i feel so old and achy and have to push myself to get things done.
Will any doctor be able to fix me up? I looked stressed out and tired,and I am now in a size's 3 and 1.My weight is 106. I am so worried about whats happening to me.
any experiences of these things?

Florie:needhug:

·
11,405 Posts
Hi Florie,

I can't help you with your questions. I just wanted to send some nice big, soft hugs your way.:hug::hug:

Could you get your May app. moved up?

Take care,

Lyn

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hi, sorry you are going through so much yuck......I do know however, several people on depokote and they're doing quite well on it. I have the unfortunate case of depression and I eat too much and don't sleep. I have a vagus nerve implant for treatment resistant depression and it was working well, but now I have situational depression from the lupus as well as already diagnosed anxiety, borderline personality disorder, post traumatic strees disorder. I see my therapist once a week when I am up to it....if your insurance covers it maybe you could see yours more frequently. Don't give up the depokote may do the trick. Psychiatry seems to be an art of trial and error instead of a strict science. Take care, eat well, sleep well, and take good care of yourself. Karla PM me if you would like to

Have you been on lithium, or do they still use that??? When I was on that I gained 100 pounds in a year!

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Keebler, thanks so much for the big soft hug. My appt. is early may. It's so hard to get physchiartist appt. as needed. But i will see the therapist before i go to him. :foryou:

Karly1964 I thank you for your help. I think maybe depokote might be the one. I will try it . Alot of people say they use that for people who are bipolar.
I haven't been on lithium and yes they still use it. Does that stuff make you sleepy? I need to be functional and alert.
I will soon find out what they want to try me on. How long does depokote take to see any results?:thanx:
Florie

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
update on the no plaq.

Well hello all,
I saw my rhuemy yesterday, and also the blood results. I waited 6weeks being off the plaq. He still doesn't want to put me back on it. He says my blood work shows no lupus,and could be in remission. My white cell count is low and my urine showed some bacteria. He advised me to see my reg. doctor and have a full phyisical done. My weight has dropped and he feels something else is going on. If he doesn't know,and didn't put me on some kind of antibiotic, then what's my regular doc(who i can't stand) do for me?

I go back to the Rhuemy in 3 months and of course blood work before my visit. I am fed up and am losing faith in all doctors. I just feel like that show, when doctors dont have the answers what do patients do...(discovery health).
Well just wanted to update you and see what your thoughts are...
hugs, florie

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
((((((((((florie))))))))))))) this doctor merry-go-round some of us find ourselves on gets very frustrating doesn't it? The trouble is I think that some docs know some things, but no one doctor knows everything :(

Have you been back to the psych and has he put you on depakote?

I think at least for the bacteria in urine you need to see your regular GP and have that investigated and treated.

How have your lupus symptoms been since being off the Plaquenil? Any skin rashes, joint pain, mouth ulcers or other lupus related symptoms stirring up........ apart from our usual fatigue?

sending hugs,

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
Florie,

I want to offer my support, and give you a soft hug. I take do take Depakote.

I have been diagnosed as bi-polar, as well. I started to lose, weight when I started on CellCept, but..I needed to drop some weight.

I hope you begin to feel well, very soon, friend. I will be thinking of you, and saying a prayer, on your behalf as well.

Love,
Sandy

·
florie
589 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Lily,
Yes merry go round is what iam on. My phch never put me on the depokote, instead he increased my zoloft to 150mg. from 100mg.
I developed a scalp rash and my lupus doc says it looks like contac dermetitis.
I have been getting a sore in my nostril that comes and goes. When i blow my nose it's like a green color scab that comes out. goes away and back.
I have a sore on the side of my lip that looks like a cut. But yet my lupus is in remission. I really think i have a staff infection. And as far as the urine goes i am at a loss with that is. I have been drinking alot of water to flush away whatever, and because i am always dry mouth anyway. my test shows neg. for sjorgens! (That is threw blood work). I will see my reg. doc who i don't like his attitude but thats what my ins.pays for. His last words to me is I am not god.
Sage hen, you have been by my side and sending me prayers and some laughs. Thank you both for being there for me. I will let you know the outcome of all this mystery when i get the strength to call that doc and wait forever in his un organized office. Hugs to you both. Love, florie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts