The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again… I know it has been a bit since I have posted. Hello to all old and new members.

I have a question… Has anyone been diagnosed with RHUPUS? Today my Rheumatologist said I have RHUPUS. LOL 😄 I have been told I have RA off and on for many years but the blood work showed high positive recently along with symptoms (Cyc Cti Igg Ab was positive high, RH Factor was positive high, and C Reactive Protein high). I am on Prednisone until the doctor and I come up with a treatment. The Prednisone is working wonders for now.

·
4,441 Posts
Hi Fayeth... I am glad the pred is helping. I have heard of this term before on this site but don't have it myself. Hopefully somebody will respond who does...take care and hopefully the plan you make will help things settle for you...Claire

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Fayeth... I am glad the pred is helping. I have heard of this term before on this site but don't have it myself. Hopefully somebody will respond who does...take care and hopefully the plan you make will help things settle for you...Claire
Thank you.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I have Rhupus and I take Plaquenil and nothing else. I have changed rheumatologists so things may change. Rhupus is a rare disorder so there aren’t too many of us out there. I tested positive for RF, anti-CCP and my anti-DSDNA was indeterminate. My anti-DSDNA has increased slightly during my last flare. Will write more later. Sent from iPad.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Here are some links you can review:

·
Registered
425 Posts
Hello again… I know it has been a bit since I have posted. Hello to all old and new members.

I have a question… Has anyone been diagnosed with RHUPUS? Today my Rheumatologist said I have RHUPUS. LOL 😄 I have been told I have RA off and on for many years but the blood work showed high positive recently along with symptoms (Cyc Cti Igg Ab was positive high, RH Factor was positive high, and C Reactive Protein high). I am on Prednisone until the doctor and I come up with a treatment. The Prednisone is working wonders for now.
Hi
I also have Rhupus and have had it for about 8 years. A lot more illnesses on top. Just got over covid so I’ve been rotten. At least I am negative now.
Keep safe everyone and have a lovely Christmas
Wolf1

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi
I also have Rhupus and have had it for about 8 years. A lot more illnesses on top. Just got over covid so I’ve been rotten. At least I am negative now.
Wolf1
I'm sorry you had COVID. We've been laying low and masking up, especially after the Omicron variant is running rampant.

I've been having a flare as I'm sure I've been doing too much to get ready for the holidays. For whatever reason I was having a lot of nerve pain in my left toes. Messaged my doc about it more to let her know so hopefully I'll remember to ask about it when I see her next.

Wishing you a happy, healthy Christmas!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi
Wolf1
Wow! I hope you have no lasting effects from COVID-19 and are feeling better. I am glad you have tested negative.

Hello,
I myself tested positive for Covid-19 on the 14th of January. My husband tested negative. So far no symptoms but I am on 50 mg AZA, 10 mg Prednisone, and 400mg a day Hydroxychloroquine… not sure if the medications help symptoms or not or if I have no symptoms because I had Covid-19 in February 2020. It was pretty bad but luckily I didn’t get hospitalized but my husband had a stroke from it (he is doing great now). We were tested on the 14th because a friend who has been Vaccinated tested positive (mild symptoms). We waited 5 days to be tested. The test we took was a rapid test. Mine came back positive so I asked to get the test that is sent to a lab. Now I am waiting to hear back for the results…. Still quarantining…

I cannot get a hold of my Rheumatologist due to the long weekend. Not sure what he will want to do if anything.

Did you continue your normal medications or did your Rheumatologist change/stop them? Just wondering.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. 😊

Fayeth 🌻

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have Rhupus and I take Plaquenil and nothing else. I have changed rheumatologists so things may change. Rhupus is a rare disorder so there aren’t too many of us out there. I tested positive for RF, anti-CCP and my anti-DSDNA was indeterminate. My anti-DSDNA has increased slightly during my last flare. Will write more later. Sent from iPad.
Hi,
I hope things go well with your new doctor.

LOL 😄 rare seems to be my specialty! 😂

Fayeth 🌻

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hello all,
Just an update. The PCR COVID-19 test (it goes to a lab) I took came back inconclusive due to PCR inhibitors. The nurse said she has never seen results like this before. She has no idea what it means. I wonder if medications I am on could be the inhibitor? I went ahead and took another rapid test and it is negative now. If I had COVID-19 I didn’t get sick this time around.
I hope all is well for everyone.

Fayeth🌻

·
Administrator
10,205 Posts
Hi Fayeth,

The PCR test is not always accurate. You could always contact your doctor for clarification.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hi Fayeth,

The PCR test is not always accurate. You could always contact your doctor for clarification.

Take care,
Lazylegs
Thank you. I had a rapid test done after the PCR test. It was Negative. I was told I am all clear. LOL 😄.

Fayeth 🌻

1 - 12 of 12 Posts