The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

Need help again i am afraid.

I am in terrible pain low down in my right abdomen above and to the right of my pubic bone. First day of period so tried to ignore but took 2 Cocodamol 30/500 instead of simple paracetemol cos worse than usual.

Couple of hours later took same again cos really in pain and agitated. So can't really take anymore. Know it is too close, but very painful.

Have been having a bit of a change in bowel habits and lots of wind, but put it down to slight flare and re-starting Diclofenac, which don't really agree with me.

Stopped bothering with diclofenac 2 days ago cos I thought they were giving me stomach problems. Tend to do so. So generally very achy.

Period pain not usually so severe. Usually taken care of by simple paracetemol.

Don't think i have temperature, pain is colicky in that it never leaves, but keeps building up to a bit of a peak. Pain travelling down right leg/groin and abdomen bubbling and feel nauseaus.

Any advice. i know not to take any more cocodamol for a few hours.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Hiya Alwin.............do you still have your appendix?
Remember the test? Little finger on hip ,thumb on navel ,pain at index (or was it ring)finger.

Sorry .......that's all I can think of.

Hope you find some relief soon

·
Inky
249 Posts
HI Alwin

Hope by the time I reply this pain has eased off for you.

Can you phone your GP and ask them. Or NHS direct?

Always best to get this sort of pain checked out... I know, having had appendicitus, that leaving it too long is a baaaaad idea. If it is just wind after all at least you made sure.

Love
Sara

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Ironically I have been a wind free zone today, Sara - makes a change, let me tell you!

Did not know that was a test for appendix, BigSis. It is nearly in the right position - nearer to my inner hip, perhaps. did not radiate anywhere else. Pain lasted 4 or 5 hours, then it went.

Could just be the time of the month.

Thanks for replies though.

Will go to GP if it returns because i do still have appendix.

:love:

·
Registered
893 Posts
Hi Alwin

The only thing I can add is that I get undiagnosed pain down in that area but can be both sides. Dosnt have to be around a period although they do seem to be more noticable around that time.

I tend to want to pee a lot more as it irritates a nerve.

Sorry I cant help you ...

I seem to think its some kind of inflammation and always teeter on getting some attention to it.

You really could do with somebody listening or prodding to see if there is anything not linked to lupus..

Hope you get your answers

Nx

·
Registered
710 Posts
hi,

Years ago had same type of pain as yu discribed. Could not even walk. DX's all over map from ovarian cyst to badder infection etc. Turn out to be Chrons...........do you have a fever? If continues yes see doc. I went through 6 months with incorrect DX.

Elaine

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Nicky & Elaine,

It has stayed away so far. I think this happened a few times when i was pregnant. It is very severe pain when it happens, but it's one of those things that once it's gone I tend to forget it.

I have taken a day off all my medication and am starting them all one drug at a time from tonight to give my digestive system a bit of a break.

Interesting about the chrons, Elaine. I did not have a fever, which is why i was not too concerned about my appendix. I would not be surprised if it was a bit of irritable bowel because i have been taking top dose of all my meds recently and i do find i get into trouble with the volterol and plaquenil mix. All seems well until i take those darned things, then all heck breaks loose as soon as i forget to put a few hours between certain drugs.

I am going to mention it to doctor next time i go - at the very least i think it may be time to re consider my analgesia. Neither cocodamol nor volterol really gets rid of my aches and pains, and they certainly did not touch the right sided thing. it seems a bit mad to be taking top ddoses of things that don't work but give side-effects and i'm starting to get a bit naffed off with it all.

Thanks you for all your help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts