The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is a sad day that such a huge personality is gone. He music and his Performance was out of this world.
RIP- Michael Jackson

But Why is the Media not mentioning that he had lupus? I would have thought that was be an obvious possible cause for his cadiac arrest?

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I can think of many reasons for cardiac arrest including prescription drug abuse.

I can hardly think lupus was the worst of his health problems (!) even if it is true. After the first rumours of lupus he was reported to be in remission. He then reportedly had vitiligo.

Unfortunately lupus seems to be the ideal candidate for celebrity figures in deep trouble( like the Nichole woman) to hide behind, for the same reasons that it features so often in House.

He was a very sad, desperately damaged & flawed man despite his remarkable talents, as shown by the horrendous self inflicted changes in his appearance over the years. Nobody in their right mind would submit to being deformed like that.

I sincerely hope he didn't have lupus.

:)

Clare

·
Pamela b
424 Posts
I was so sad to hear the new this morning as what ever his problems he was a great artist.
I did not know he had lupus
I feel for his children who are without their father and sad that he died so young but hope he is at last at peace as he never seems to have been for many years

Perhaps I am wrong but it seems that celebs are able to get a lot of prescription drugs almost on demand where as we ordinary people often struggle to get simple pain relief but I would far rather that my health professionals were cautious than the other way.
Rest in peace, Michael and I hope that his chidlren are given the support they need at this sad time

Pam

·
Registered
149 Posts
A great tragedy. I hope Michael is finally at peace, he seemed such a tortured soul in this life. I really do hope his children are given much support and some stability at this sad time for the whole family. A musical genius without a doubt.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I think Clare summed it up right, it's never been 'confirmed' what conditions he had and they seemed like things he could hide behind to explain his self inflicted mutilation.

Whatever, he seemed like a troubled soul, but a very talented man. RIP Michael.

Not looking forward to the media scrum of the next few weeks.....

·
Registered
35 Posts
RIP michael jackson

Yes everyone, shock for me last night, when hubby came in and told me. I asked was it true, seemed unreal.
agree, why hush hush the lupus condition he actually did have. correct. It states it in my lupus book "Talking about Lupus" -Triona Holden/Dr. Graham Hughes Consultant. mentioning michael jackson is believed to have discoid lupus/vitiligo (autoimmune). said his family confirm he also has skin lupus.

I feel for his children/family, and all concerned, very talented extrordinaire, but world famous for his music. may he now be at peace, with no more suffering. RIP

·
Registered
217 Posts
I'm hoping he didn't have lupus too (or if he did, that it was nothing to do with his death). Being associated with the disease that killed Michael Jackson is awareness that I can do without.

I suppose we'll find out soon enough.

·
Registered
279 Posts
hi

I didnt realise michael Jackson had lupus,Im with you peeps my thoughts are with his family.

dixy

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
michael jackson is believed to have discoid lupus/vitiligo (autoimmune). said his family confirm he also has skin lupus.
Skin lupus isn't going to kill anybody and I never heard that vitiligo does either. I am in no way trivialising the effects skin lupus can have on your life, since I suffer severely from it myself. I guess that for an entertainer or any high profile very visible personality the effect on appearance could be absolutely disastrous. If he had discoid he might have been scarred, like the singer Seal has been. If he had vitiligo he might have been using treatments to reduce the differences in skin tone. But you would think that this could be done with makeup since he must have had access to the world's best theatrical makeup artists. Mind, you'd also think that he could access the world's best cosmetic surgeons :eek:
It would be a big risk having cosmetic procedures if you have skin lupus because it could well worsen the disease. There are also reports that he had skin cancer.

A tragic life certainly - he paid the highest possible price for his talents

Clare

·
4,446 Posts
Yep in a book I read it cited Michael Jackson as having Discoid Lupus, so not necessarily any effect on his heart, however his lifestyle must have been damaging, emotionally as well as physically...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Very sad day. He was so talented. My son and his girlfriend were pleased to get tickets to see him in concert. Obviously they won't be going now.

Thanks for the reminder, I had totally forgotten about the lupus link.

RIP Jacko.

:rose:

·
The one and only
1,978 Posts
CNN is reporting that he had been in remission since the 80's.....

·
Registered
203 Posts
i heard them say he had lupus today on 1 of the news chanel it said that it could have been lupus are heart attack but only mentioned it once no more said about though after that.
im so sorry for his kids and family

donna

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
I have never heard nor did I know Michael Jackson had Lupus. I have listened to a lot of TV today and still I have not heard mention of it.

I am with Clare in that the one thing we do know is that he was a lonely, tormented soul with a lot of talent. I feel terribly sorry for those who loved him and now have to live without him.

50 is a young age to die. May he rest in peace among all of the media scum that will come out in the days ahead.

·
Registered
553 Posts
I had heard rumours that MJ may have had discoid lupus but again nothing concrete.

It is sad that we have lost yet another great entertainer / singer / songwriter (three that I can remember over the last 20 years - my life time) to tragic or untimely circumstances (Freddy Mercury and Maurice Gibb). He may have been rather eccentric but behind all the controversy you cannot deny that he had a great talent for entertaining and writing some great music which will probably be remembered for generations to come.

If in fact he did have Lupus then may be it will get some awareness, but I am not sure that this would be the right kind of awareness....

Claire xx

·
florie
589 Posts
I am sad about the loss of MJ. He was talented and a great artist. I liked his dance moves and songs. I too hope that his children will not suffer from this. And that michael's wishes for his children will stand in his will.
I feel for the family at this time. I have a feeling this is another anna nichole situation. He didn't have a happy child hood,and didn't get to be a child. He had to always perform and his dad was not easy on him as a child. I too hope the media will keep out the dirt and let his soul rest in peace.

I will miss him and was looking forward to his last performance which i understand his son would be in it. Michael said this will be his last performace and the curtains will close. May he now rest in peace.
florie

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.