The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. Hope eveyone has had a nice Easter.
I have just recieved a phone call offering me a new job ( it's my perfect job:rotfl: ) but they need to do a risk assessment of me before I start because of my health mainly bursitis. Does anyone know how this is done?
I find it odd but I'd do a nything to get this job.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Congratualtions on the job offer! Not sure if still applies as I have not worked for 10 years - UK 'Risk Assessment' will assess what equipment a member of staff will require to enable them to be comfortable and stay healthy performing their job. Eye tests also if a computer is used regularly. The environment you work in has to effectively be a safe place for you and colleges.

If I was you, I would call the Citizens Advice Buro(gave up spelling this word, just can't remember) they will advise you on why it may be necessary and whats involved or even if you should be being asked to do the assessment (basically your rights on fair employment offers)!

Good luck and let us know how it goes!

Love and hugs
Lesley

·
elisabethm
512 Posts
Bursitis

Hi purple i have had bursites for years and i worked when i had it do you go for injections if you do how long in between times do they last for is it a standing job or can you sit down if you really want the job let them know as some work places will let you have a rest when you need it my first injection lasted for 10years but now i need them every couple of months my last 2 left me still in agony after i had them they did not kick in for a couple of weeks but they are fine now hope you get the job are you in the uk as so many places have to employ disabled people so good luck:) :) elisabeth

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Elisabeth,
I have had injections but they did not work so having physio but its not helping really. It seems to make it worse and physio looks at me strange as its bursitis in both hips. He reckons it does nt happen. The job is in UK and it involves standing but i should have chance to sit if need too.I did the same job before I moved and I coped ok. I just do nt want anyone to make issues of things. I tend to just want to keep things to myself and i was nt expecting to have to go to risk assessments etc. Hopefully it will go ok.

Take care

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have had risk assessments when pregnant at work, they are just as much for your benefit as your employers, to make sure that you get the correct and safe working enviroment. I think it very positive that they want to conduct one that they have accepted that you have a medical condition they want to help/consider.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts