TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fairy;513488 said:
Hiya,
I'm sure this has been asked before, so I'm sorry for asking you to repeat yourselves... Subject to a second consultant agreeing, I'm going to have my first dose of rituximab in a week or so, followed by another a fortnight later. It'll be combined with a small dose of cyclo. I'm a bit nervous because most drugs don't tend to agree with me, but I'm going to give it a go. I just wanted to know what other people's experiences of it is?

Cheers :)
Hi I'm about to be given Rituimab(mabthera) did you get this treatment and where there any side affects? I have SLE, was diagnosed a year ago have tried everything steroid infusions pednisilone, hydroxycloriquin and others nothing seems to work tho. i'm really quiet worried about this one though my prof says that it's only given as a last resort.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Hi Spidey

I am a bit confused about which drug you are talking about. I have had rituxan (rituximab) twice, with two infusions each time.

Is this what you are talking about ?

cheers

raglet

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Rituxan Rituximab mabthera are all the same as far as I can see. I suspect Rituxan is the US name for it.
:)
Clare

1 - 3 of 3 Posts