·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
thanks Lily.

As the man said, it's only one study - must say i am surprised rituxan rated so badly.

cheers

Raglet

still munching on her pav

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Hi Lily,

Thank you for the link about the study. I knew the results were to be posted in April but hadn't seen them yet. I am surprised at the results though. The centers on the west coast were having positive results according to my rheumy. Rituxan wasn't a cure but I definitely have experienced benefits. It will be interesting to see the full report and why it didn't meet the criteria. Now I wonder if further studies will be done or if it will be dropped for good.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
8,577 Posts
Lazylegs,

There is still the separate Rituxan trial that is ongong for Lupus Nephritis the results won't be know till early next year. Hopefully that will pass the criteria as it would ultimately open it up for most lupus patients.

Karen

·
Banned
808 Posts
Interesting reading, thankyou Lily,

I would hope that more research is being carried out, I think many people have benefitted greatly from rituxan, and my hope would be that it would be made more widely available, I am sure that more research and more findings are in the pipeline, I am part of some research about targetted, effective treatment, personally for me I couldn't begin to express the benefits that I have from this particular treatment, after many other treatments had failed to be helpfull at all.

Love xxx

·
Administrator
10,199 Posts
Just saw my rheumy this morning and asked about the Rituxan trial. He said we may never see the final results. The company sets their goals in advance and if they don't meet the percentages it goes in the hopper even if some people showed promising results. It will be interesting to see how the Lupus Nephritis results come out.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 7 of 7 Posts