The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am interested to know if anyone is on this drug and if you have had success with it? It is the next step for my 17year old daughter after many failures with other drugs. She has been turned down for cellcept here in New Zealand twice which is disappointing as we were hoping that may be the answer to our prayers.

Cheers Viv

·
Administrator
10,198 Posts
Hi Viv,

Rituxan has worked wonders for me. It didn't put me into remission but has relieved many of the symptoms. The neurological symptoms are still there but even they are not to the same extent as they were.

Why was the Cell Cept denied? Was it due to cost or no kidney involvement? Rituxan is very expensive and is still considered experimental so it may be difficult to get also. I hope your daughter will be one of the fortunate ones to be approved to try Rituxan.

Take care,
Lazylegs

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hi Viv,

I have just had my 2nd lot of treatment with Rituximab. I have CNS Lupus and it improved my memory , balance, cognition etc. It has worked for me a great deal, despite not putting me into remission as long as the doctors had hoped. I hope you get approval to have this treatment and it work for you.

Keep smiling:) :hehe:
Peta

·
Registered
277 Posts
Hi Viv,

I know a 17-year-old who also was put on rituxan after everything else had failed. It was a miracle drug for her. I hope the same is true for your daughter; good luck!

sf

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks

Thanks for these positive comments re Rituxamab. We have been very wary about this drug but have tried so many with not much luck. It has been difficult to see our once positive daughter struggling so much with every day life. We were not funded Cellcept here in New Zealand but have had no trouble getting the Rituxamab.
She is going to a hospital next week for 3 weeks, that deals with pain management. Hopefully she will learn some good skills to take her through life. we have decided to wait until she comes back from that before having the rituximab. here's hoping....
Viv

1 - 5 of 5 Posts