TheLupusSite.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
LOL Chris, so we have Rupus now. I'm thinking it does sound a little better than lupus.
What will they come up with next?

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Hi Christine,

Yes I've heard of this term! Combination of names given sometimes by the medcial profession for those that have both Rhuematoid Arthritis and Lupus!

Take care!

·
Registered
4,968 Posts
My childhood dog was named Rhupus.:lol::lol::lol:

Interesting reading, Interesting name.

Hmmm, I agree, what will they come up with next?

Hope your weekend is going well.:wink2:

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Lesley is right. It is a name for people who have both lupus and RA (or RA and lupus). I don't know if it is an "official" term.

Katharine

·
Administrator
7,565 Posts
Hi Christine

I hadn't even realised until recently that it was possible to have both. I have lupus and just been confirmed that the arthritis in my hands is rheumatoid. I was wondering, do you have this or do you have any other info on it? I am still searching for info to try and understand it.

Thanks

Deb

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
I got that tag from my Rhumy visit before last. I think he read an article about the classification, since I fit...he gave it to me!

Stephanie

·
Registered
29 Posts
Most interesting . . . perhaps this is why the Rheumatologist I saw last summer was only prepared to say that I have a "lupus-like disease" (despite being ANA+ >640 titre, anti-DNA+, anti-Ro+ and APS+). This is all because I was diagnosed 25 years ago with Stills (aka Juvenile RA) by a now eminent Rheumatologist and he didn't feel that he could go against his diagnosis (also despite the fact that I had kidney and liver failure at the time which puzzled all the doctors as is not typical for RA . . . fits the picture if with hindsight it was lupus all along though!)

Of course I know know better . . . I've got Rupus!!!!! Makes me want to bark or howl at the moon or something . . .!!!

Love,

Lily x
:lol:

·
Lisa_S
441 Posts
My sister has RA, but her rheumy says it's actually more like "rhupus", because she has some symptoms which are lupus-like.

He's of the opinion that auto-immune diseases are more of a spectrum than a "basket A or basket B" kind of diagnosis. The treatments are similar, so I suppose as long as the treatments are helping, it matters less what the label is!

Lisa

·
Registered
368 Posts
:hehe:I have been diagnosed with rupus. I've had lupus for 14 yrs., but symptoms are primarily joint problems. (I thought my rheumy made it up) Cathy

·
Registered
108 Posts
Rupus is how I was label, first I was told I had lupus and 5 years ago they also realized I have RA as well, so my doctors all have labeled it Rupus. I even asked them directly what the heck is Rupus and my doctor I have now was sweet enough to explain it to me. What was funny is I was chosen for a panel in Oklahoma doing a study on lupus and they has no idea what it was so they contacted me and I had to explain it to them.

Hugs, Dawn

1 - 13 of 13 Posts