The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All hope your all well

Not been around for a bit,I am now 24 weeks and having another boy.

I have symphysis pubis dysfunction (relaxin hormone loosens pelvic ligaments too much too soon)and can hardly walk,I had it with my last pregnancy but not this early on.

Due to having Aps and being on asprin I had to have a umbilical doppler done and it has shown that there is blood flow resistance on one side so I now have to have Cexane injection every day.Had my first one yesterday (due to have todays one in 5 mins)and boy did it hurt....Does anyone one else have to have them?
Baby is well and growing and I will have scans every 4 weeks from now on in ....got to go now hubby wants to stick the needle in....

Love to all
Sue x

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Ouch to both needle and suffering from symphsis pubis dysfunction!

I did not have to have Cexane injections as no APS at time of pregancies! I expect someone else will be able to give you some info on their experiences of this!

Remember if you have to have any internal examinations to have cushions supporting the outside of your legs! If you do not use cushions you are at risk to dislocation which is not good "trust me"! Hopefully you will never need any internals done. Lots of rest and use supports provided by physio and crutches are useful especially at night time when its hard to get out of bed!

I have four boys (eldest just 9) and we have lots of fun!

Take care with the pregnancy and yourself!

Love Lesley

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
HI Sue,

I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

SPD is no fun. Have you been refered to a physio? With the right type of movements you can reduce some of your pain (eg move the legs together when getting into and out of the car, no breaststroke when swimming, no cycling. There is also an elastic belt, worn under the bump, around the hips that some women swear by.

In regards to the clexane, I've not used this but something pretty much identical - fraxiparine. Yes, it does hurt! Personally I found that bringing the needle in slowly is less painful than doing it fast (contrary to what I was taught in nursing school). Also inject slowly and don't press on or massage the site after the injection. I find it less painful in the belly fat (either side of the navel) than in the legs, but as your bump gets bigger, the skin may be too tight to be able to pinch any fat to inject into. Still, even doing all these things I still end up covered in bruises.

I really hope it helps though and that your baby keeps growing Ok.

All the best,

X C X

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hey Sue,

I have to have clexane (lovenox) shots twice a day and they hurt a lot at first, but let me assure you they really don't hurt at all anymore!! Now the thing with clexane is that the shots have to be done properly and by properly I mostly mean without hesitation! I used to look at the needle going in in horror and it was slow and painful! But if you don't hesitate and do it with confidence :calm: then it shouldn't hurt, you shouldn't feel more than a little sting if that! After the needle is in you might want to take your time injecting the heparin or you might want to do it fast, different people have different preferences; I think injecting the heparin slowly is better than doing it fast, but you might prefer the fast way! The heparin itself may hurt a little bit the first couple of times, but that should stop pretty quickly!

Did a nurse or doc show you how to self administer the shots???

Here's a step-by-step leaflet on lovenox (clexane) and how to inject one self:

http://emc.medicines.org.uk/emc/assets/c/html/DisplayDoc.asp?DocumentID=11709

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!! :cheer2: :bigsmile:

:congrats:

Zoi

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Lesley Thank you for your reply and yes I have been given crutches and I have also borrowed my Nan's wheelchair

Cath There is more chance me having my baby before I can get a physio appointment the list is so long

Hubby gave me my jab today and it was so much better then yesterday ,it hardly hurt at all. He has to inject me in the arms and top of legs as my belly is too tight to pinch up any skin.

Zoe I can't even look at the needle let alone do it myself (BIG BABY) if hubby can't do it my Mum is always around.Thanks for the link.

Sue x

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for that link Bigsis. I am going to ask about the support at my next hospital appointment.

Sue x

·
Registered
300 Posts
Hi sue,

congratulations on your pregnancy!
My mom used to have to do lovenox injections in her stomach...she said the same thing as many others - don't hesitate, just "jab" it in! In your case, the arms or legs probably is a little easier, and less sensitive!

I'm glad you have such a supportive non-squeamish hubby to help you out- it makes all the difference!

Best of health to you for the remainder of your pregnancy-

Take care,
Sharon

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well 28 weeks now and had another scan today glad to say all is well with both me and baby. :)

The scan shows that the clexane is doing its job as the blood flow now is normal but I still have to have the jabs and then my nice doctor informs me that I will have to have them for 6 weeks AFTER I have him :eek: :(

She also said I may not go full term due to the s p d. She may start me off around 37,38 weeks .Getting really tired lately must be my age lol :lol:

Hope you are all well

Sue x

1 - 9 of 9 Posts