The Lupus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI Everyone,
I have had sensitive scalp and sensitive face skin, and eyebrows, and beard for two years now. Often, I just did not shave.
I just tried a salicylic acid shampoo and it helped a lot. Neutrogena sells one with 3% SA called T-Sal and they also have a facial wash with 2% SA .
I hope it can helps others.

Also, did anyone experiment with royal gelly? I did a few weeks back, to fight fatigue, and it backfire quite a lot. After just four days, I had muscle inflammation starting in my legs, and joint pain was much more severe. I discontinued. I read in medline that it contains oestrogen (well it makes sense, when you think what it does to baby bees). Does anyone take it with success? I believe it is one of the most potent immune booster, and I don't need boost.

As a new year resolution I have cut coffee and replaced it with tea. So far so good. Tea is more steady than coffee, so I don't crash after three hours like I do on coffee (I suspect prednisone aggravate this). And I sleep better, so I recommend it.

Those are little help, but anything helps, isn't it?
Vincent

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Hi Vincent,

Thanks for the headsup on that shampoo. Someone was asking about shampoos a while back so I will have to direct them to this post. I looked up the ingredients and uses for it and it sounds very suitable for us, especially helpful I'd imagine for those with sensitive skin and those who get scalp sores.

I don't think I'd ever be game to try Royal Jelly, there was so much bad press about it when that woman died from anaphalactic shock that I would be terrified. I'm pretty allergic and I also don't know how I react to bees, I've only been bitten once and they say the second time is when you react badly. Sorry you had a flare up because of it, you're right we sure don't need boosting :eek:

I love my coffee but I limit it to one or at the most two a day, the rest of the time I drink tea or just plain water/juices etc. You're right, every little bit helps :)

love
Lily

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
hi vincent

Thanks so much for the advice I must try that shampoo as I suffer with scalp problems too & the nizoral shampoo my dermy prescribed tends to make my hair very dry.

sorry to hear you had problems with the royal jelly.I am very cautious about taking anything like that as it has back fired on me a couple of times in the past........kelp was the worst supplement I ever took as I felt dreadful on it,at one point I thought I would have a heart attack...it also triggered a lupus flare :sad:

well done giving up coffee,glad it's helping
take care..karen x

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
I am not at all sure about the advisibility of people with lupus facial skin trying it although of course I am very pleased it's helped you Vincent with whatever the problem was. In fact I asked my dermy about skin creams containing it and he was categorically against, for me at least with severely affected and very sensitive facial skin. I'd be worried about shampoo affecting my skin as it would certainly come into some contact with it.

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a607072.html

I haven't try bee products (or any other magic miracle stuff) because I am not a bee, I am not very rich and I work on the principle that if it sounds too good to be true it almost certainly is. I am sorry about your bad experience and thanks for writing about it - that might save others going through the same thing.

Take care and keep as well as possible

Clare

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks for sharing about the royal jelly and shampoo.I have been using shapoo from simple and like the result.I was told that caffeine thins our bones by my pharmacist, but I don't really drink coffee or tea (more of a chocolate and malt drink person).Take care x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts