The Lupus Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just got home for a nice weekend in london backto belfast with the whole city flooded we are lucky were we live.

well i saw Dr Kaul in the london bridge hospital and he confirmed with my test results and examination that i have lupus
well not a shock to me at all just disappointed that i had to go to london to get diagnosed as i have not been treated very well here

He is a really nice Dr spent almost and hr with me explaining stuff and answered all my questions i know this is strange but i feel happy that i have something and that it is not all in my head

he want me to get a test also for stills disease and also an M.R.I
scan to check brain
so guess now i can officially join the club

·
Registered
7,800 Posts
Hi there alex :)

I'm so glad that it went well for you. As you say, a pity you had to go so far but it is indeed a relief when we finally get anwers and confirmation.

I can't remember if you were already on treatment or not. If not has a treatment plan been put in place?

As, for the club, I think you joined it long ago :wink2:

bye for now,
Katharine

·
Registered
6,152 Posts
Hi Alex

Im delighted that you had such a good appointment. Shame on that consultant in Belfast who dismissed all your symptoms :mad:

Is he starting you on any medication? Do you have to get the follow up tests done privately or will your hospital now take over your treatment?

Here is a link about Stills Disease in case you or others want to have a look

http://www.stillsdisease.org/stills_info

Even though you feel vindicated now, coming to terms with a chronic illness can take its toll and time. I hope you have some good support at home.

Welcome to the club...

Luv n stuff
Joan:rose:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys thanks for getting back to me
i have discovered a lupus support group here in belfast
and it starts in october
i will go along to that
alex:)

·
Registered
14,661 Posts
Hello Alex
That's good news, now to hope you can get better care in Belfast than before. The LupusUK support group there certainly used to be very active.
So many doctors won't think outside the box.

I hope you'll meet friendly people for local support and tips.

:)

Clare

1 - 5 of 5 Posts